Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Batteries

Need some help. I have a 175txw bass tracker with a 47 motor guide trolling motor 12 volt. Tried longlining the other day. It was pretty windy. After about two hours using high gear pretty often I was forced to anchor down. I guess the question here is what would you recommend? Different trolling motor, extra battery or both? Don't see allot of room for another battery though. Any help would be appreciated.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are forced to stay with one battery, get a group 29-31 and your going to need a terrova or the motor guide in 55 with the maximizes. I run mine with 2 group 27 and can long line 6 or so hours. I don't know which you have the high front deck or the low deck crappie model. Helped a friend of mine on the crappie model with the big storage box up front. Had to remove front deck, installed 2 group 31's in that storage box and wired everything up with deck off. You can still access to check and add water by opening the lid. Just not enough room to put both in and wire with deck in place. Then he installed a 24 volt terrova.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

That's an idea. Might be able to swing installing an extra battery in the back but the terrova is gonna have to wait a while. It has a group 27 in it now but I assume if I buy one new one I probably need to get both new. The old one is three years old but still charges and tests fine. I could run them parallel for now and go in series later with a 24 volt terrova? It was awfully windy the other day though.