Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new rod which one

Post Thanks / Like

Default new rod which one

i like to fish with live bait but also like to jig alot with a bobber i want to get 2 new rods and reels which one do u guys recomended thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the 7' light action Sam Heaton rod,paired with a Shimano Sedona 2500 reel.

P

Post Thanks / Like

For a long pole, 2 piece, it is so many good ones. My favorite is Outlaw rods but my most favorite Outlaw stopped making as it was a 10' ultra light and light as a feather. You can't step on them or hit on live wells, etc as the tip will break but it lands big fish and keeps on going. I have another Outlaw that is not ul and i like it as it and is strong, well built and sensitive and i think it is a c102 and my other is a c1002ul.

I hear Bert Bennett quit Outlaw and or is on his own and makes the same rod Outaw stopped making that i love. I am going to buy another if it is the same as my Outlaw UL. I hear many people that love Wally Marshall rods(they feel good to me also), WalMart sells B&M and i have one of those and like it.

If you get a long rod and as i say it is many good brands and i was lucky to pick up many brands and see how they felt and one other i liked but could not get a replacement tip was Browning and i did not get it but i liked it. As far as a reel, if on these long poles and you won't cast, i would get something as cheap as you can, those B&M reels are good at WalMart for just over $10.00 but one of my favs is Grizzly Jig reel that is around $9.00 and i bought 3 Wally Marshall Deluxe reels for around $10.00 each and i do not like them.

I like a simple reel, to just click a button to let out, click a button where the fish won't pull line off. I say get the B&M or Grizzly Jig reel and they work just the same. If you want to cast, you might get a Zebco 11 without or with trigger. They sell several differ Zebco 11 models.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your budget?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

what do you all thinbk about this rod? http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse. i was debating on buying me a couple rods myself

ironbeer

Post Thanks / Like

The rod that impresses me as the best all around design with a quality blank and components is the BnM Bucks ultimate. I'm going to try one this year, maybe 2.

http://www.bnmpoles.com/index.cfm?fu...&Product_ID=10

I would say the Heaton except it doesn't have spinning guides and I hate that.

Another new rod from BnM that looks interesting is the Float and Fly.

http://www.bnmpoles.com/index.cfm?fu...&Product_ID=81
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-02-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to beat any of the BnM rods. They have just about anything you may want, not just long poles. As far as reels, I like spinning reels, haven't caught onto the whole baitcaster craze yet. The Shimano Sedona is a pretty sweet reel as Pirogue said already. If you go ultralight and want to save a few bucks, try the Diawa Megaforce 1000. I picked a couple up on sale for like $10 just to put on my trolling rods, but they are really nice little reels, so I grabbed one for my 6' ultralight as well.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall Pro Series 8' are hard to beat. Long enough and short enough for just about anything.

As for reels Shimano Spirex on the high side and Quantum Hypercast on the low.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Pro Series and Shimano Sedona 1500 !

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 12' wally marshall jigging pole from bps with a shimona sedona reel a 10 1/2' whupping stick from cabelas & i just recently got a 6' quantam snapsnot from wal-mart those are the 3 that I use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast