Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bull Shoals or Truman? - April 8, 9, 10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Shoals or Truman? - April 8, 9, 10

Planning a fishing trip starting April 8th. I've only started getting into crappie fishing the last three years. I try to go a couple times a year. I'm with a couple guys who are also crappie beginners for the most part. One guy in the group has a boat this trip. Anyway I was dead set on Bull Shoals around Theodesia but now I'm not so sure. People seem to constantly mention that it is challenging on Bull Shoals due to the clear water. Also I'm thinking the spawn will start very soon and we may be there too late. I'm now starting to think Truman may be a better option as it may not be as 'challenging' as everyone says about Bull Shoals. My other thought is Truman will heat up a bit later than Bull Shoals So our timing might be better there. I wanted to see if anyone has any advice or if I'm just overthinking this one. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Truman will also be challenging if you have not been on it before. Better crappie fishing. Lotta trees, be careful, know where you are going.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

To bad you couldn't postpone it till the first weekend of May. We are having our Camp at Truman and you could join us all for fishing and eating and all the BS you can handle.
    Check out the off topic section.

Hogsters phone
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.