Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: We're almost there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're almost there!

Took a ride around the river & Oxbow lake this morning, searching for open water. Presto! I found some!

Not quite fully open yet, but I suspect we'll be launching by next weekend (I hope!). Here's what the main lake looks like right now:

Name:  Oxbow South.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  113.2 KB

The white in the foreground is ice. It's about 50% open across, but not all the way to the end of the lake to the north, where we usually fish. I've got my gear ready and I'm more than willing. Just need Mother Nature to co-operate a little!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes scrat, slackline LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and best wishes for a limit from a former resident of Chicopee!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you're ready! Hope it does well when the chance comes.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to lake here yesterday. We saw one boat tied off to the power pole out from the pumphouse ramp on West Sandy. A few old folks were on the pumphouse pier trying out their skills too.

I loaded my Ranger and carried it to dealer for servicing. Ima too old to grease fittings and change oils and filters now. Just another reason cause why I use dead minners now.

I goot pick up the Ranger and haul it back to the lake and then load Brennda's Kawasaki rideum and haul it in for service. Just another reason cause I use dead minners.

I will haveta pick Brenda's ridum up and take it back to the lake and pick up the Jon Boat and take it in for service, etc. Just a nother reason cause I use dead minners.

Time I get all this hauling done it is summer. Justa noter reason cause I use dead minners. Waiting on waters to rise here too.

Retirement is great! Did I say I use dead minners?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Went to lake here yesterday. We saw one boat tied off to the power pole out from the pumphouse ramp on West Sandy. A few old folks were on the pumphouse pier trying out their skills too.

I loaded my Ranger and carried it to dealer for servicing. Ima too old to grease fittings and change oils and filters now. Just another reason cause why I use dead minners now.

I goot pick up the Ranger and haul it back to the lake and then load Brennda's Kawasaki rideum and haul it in for service. Just another reason cause I use dead minners.

I will haveta pick Brenda's ridum up and take it back to the lake and pick up the Jon Boat and take it in for service, etc. Just a nother reason cause I use dead minners.

Time I get all this hauling done it is summer. Justa noter reason cause I use dead minners. Waiting on waters to rise here too.

Retirement is great! Did I say I use dead minners?
    I'll bet you like to use dead minners !!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing all of you good luck when the water gets ready so you can fish

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking bout a month for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I am thinking bout a month for me.
    Not sure I could last another month. Having extreme withdrawal symptoms really bad!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."