Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Day on Greeson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Day on Greeson

Today is Jerry's birthday and I'm glad I could make him laugh. He, Jim and I did a little scouting in the shallows and had a blast. The crappie were hitting a slow falling 1/48th ounce jig pretty good. Jim and Jerry got there's in the boat and Jim landed the biggest (15" - 1lb. 14oz. white crappie). Most of mine were quick released right at the boat before we could get a net under them. I guess some day's you're the bug and others you're the windshield. Anyway, we had a blast and then did a little work building 8 crappie condos.

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You could've lied and told me that was well over a 2 lbs. crappie. Looks huge in the pic. Wish I had those condos ready to drop in KY lake!

Post Thanks / Like

looks like ya'll had a nice day. WTG HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday, sounds like yall had fun. Congrats on the nice fish

Post Thanks / Like

Man those condos are bushy. Mine look like they have the mange compared to yours.

Darryl you might want to check your jig and see if ole man Blake mashed the barb down on you. Might be why your loosing those slabs at the boat.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You call that a fish? That aint no fish. Thats a HOG. The tail is almost as big as your hand.
    Hey Jerry I see you did get to go fishn.

Great catch and a very good way to spend your birthday.
    I went back to look at the picture of all the fish again and had to edit my post. WHAT IS UP WITH THE GREEN CARP ON THE BOARD? I didn't see it when I was lookin at the hog in the middle of the board. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, is that all you could catch on your birthday, a green carp? LOL. just kiddn.
    I need to get down there and do some catchin.

Crappie X.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-01-2007 at 10:05 PM.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

hey you guys sale them buckets? Man, what a fishin hole. Didn't see any waypoints with them.

Jeryy, hope you had a great b-day.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Jerry. Congrats on the crappie. That one your holding is a brute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Xtream
    You call that a fish? That aint no fish. Thats a HOG. The tail is almost as big as your hand.
    Hey Jerry I see you did get to go fishn.

Great catch and a very good way to spend your birthday.
    I went back to look at the picture of all the fish again and had to edit my post. WHAT IS UP WITH THE GREEN CARP ON THE BOARD? I didn't see it when I was lookin at the hog in the middle of the board. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, is that all you could catch on your birthday, a green carp? LOL. just kiddn.
    I need to get down there and do some catchin.

Crappie X.
    Oh no, Jerry didn't catch the bass. I did and that is how I made him laugh (big time) on his birthday. Let me explain. Jerry (the old bigfoot-looking dude in the bamboo), Jim (red sweat shirt) and I (not pictured) we pitching jigs in the shallows yesterday. Jerry catches the first crappie. Great, happy birthday, a little trash talking, then we continue to fish. I think one or two more where caught in that cove and I straighten a line out on three or four, but loose them all right at the boat. We move to another spot. I loose two or three more the same way. It was getting a bit ridiculous and even comical the way I was loosing so many nice slabs. Finally, finally, I get a good solid hookup on a heavy, fighting fish and net the fish - it's a green carp. I thought Jerry was going fall out of the boat.
    Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tankcreekpanfisher
    Happy Birthday Jerry. Congrats on the crappie. That one your holding is a brute.
    That's our friend Jim. He's always scouting with us and helping us build crappie condos. Jim's the one that got the big one for the day, so he had to be the picture model. In one of the bamboo pics, Jerry is the big dude next to Jim in the red sweat shirt. They're both great friends.
    Darryl Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast