HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deciding what to take with you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deciding what to take with you!

This is getting tougher and tougher! I now have 3 satchel bags filled with all sorts of terminal tackle. And I've just won a slew of great stuff in the Crappie.com Contests, so now I'm wondering, do you just take everything with you? Or do you set up a plan for the day, based on conditions?

I now have a sachel of straight tails, split tails, tubes, curly tails, paddle tails.....and it goes on & on with variations on each style, not counting the multitude of colors and color combinations! Then there is the sachel full of jig heads of various weights and styles. UGH! I love it - but I'd like to know how you set up your game plan for the day and how you decide what to take on the water? Is there a method behind the madness!? Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I bring what I figure on using based on style of fishing I am planning on for that day. But I am pretty set when I leave the house whether i will be longlining or single poling. So it is fairly simple for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I take everything I got haha I usually start where I think the fish will be and go from there!

Post Thanks / Like

After forty years of crappie fishing, I can honestly say all I really need is about a dozen jigs. About 75% of the time, I could get by with half a dozen.

Post Thanks / Like

3 hand ties 2 bags a plastics a few jigheads 4 floats and a bottle of crappie nibbles 99.9% of the time ....I decide what they want before I go and MAKE them eat it if I can ...drives my buds bonkers as well .........they are like you just know before you go what they want ....I said yep most of the time its one of the 3 baits ....
    plan and execute ....and travel light ...last nights excursion was at least a mile in and a mile out ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Thunderingjoe, Redge LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't matter what I take. I never have the right stuff.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I pack my gear,I think of all the different types of fishy's out there,and I end up taking a little bit of everything,just in case
    Likes yippeejf LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I leave the crankbaits at home during the winter! You just never know when they are going to want that one bait that you had to have , but forgot you bought!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the idiot that takes everything for every fish just because I don't know what's biting that day and what they want. Back seat of my truck looks like I just robbed BPS with all of the Plano boxes and 4 tackle bags. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Likes Crestliner08, Redge, dannyr3_8 LIKED above post
    Thanks skeeter96 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When I came to that point I went to a 3' longer boat with a lot more storage. LOL Problem with me is not only do i love to crappie fish but still addicted to throwing crank baits and plastics for bass.
    Likes SlabPappi LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast