Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? for EdHead on posting

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? for EdHead on posting

Very often when I'm writing a post and especially editing a post if I take any time at all the forum requires that I sign in again, and I always get this error message after I sign in when it should be posting my message.

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

When this happens I frequently lose the post I had been working on, and this almost always happens with edits that take some time. When it requires me to sign in I have gotten into the habit of backing up and copying my whole post or edit so I don't lose it.

It happens in different browsers and also if I check the save password option.

Does anyone else have this problem? I have lost several posts that I spent some time and effort writing.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-01-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That's happened to me several times. Just posting or previewing, not editing. I figured it was because of my slow typing. It's frustrating when you take the time to respond and then have it wiped out before you can post it. I don't bother trying any posts of any length.

Post Thanks / Like

it's happened to me several times also, always on long posts. At first I thought it was because I was on a dial-up connection, but it has done it to me on high speed too.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Before you click the tab "Post Reply", highlight your text then right mouse click and select copy. If you are prompted to sign in again you won't have lost your post.

I think this will work. Maybe...? Anyway it won't hurt to try.
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

I do that now after losing several long posts, but I wonder if this is a glitch that can be fixed or if its a feature of the boards that just doesn't work right.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink posting trouble

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Very often when I'm writing a post and especially editing a post if I take any time at all the forum requires that I sign in again, and I always get this error message after I sign in when it should be posting my message.

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

When this happens I frequently lose the post I had been working on, and this almost always happens with edits that take some time. When it requires me to sign in I have gotten into the habit of backing up and copying my whole post or edit so I don't lose it.

It happens in different browsers and also if I check the save password option.

Does anyone else have this problem? I have lost several posts that I spent some time and effort writing.
    deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not having any trouble saving my posts now like I said. Its just that its a bit of a chinese fire drill and I was wondering if it was something Ed could fix.

Post Thanks / Like

That's never happened to me and I keep a "Compose Window" open for a long time sometimes.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation It doesn't happen to me, either ....

and, like Jerry, I take a pretty long time to type my post/reply ... check for content, spelling, and punctuation ... review what the total post will look like ... and how well my info/reply comes across. Nonetheless ... since several members are seemingly having the same issue, Ed has been notified. He will look into it, and may contact the individuals by PM, or post a reply to this thread. Just give him time to get my message about this issue. ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've signed in and written a reply and also gotten the error message that I was not signed in... BUT I've found that if I sign in again and go back a page, my post is still there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast