Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 6920,6925,6930 pflueger reels

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 6920,6925,6930 pflueger reels

which do you use? I prefer the 6925 for ultra lite casting and the 6930 for light action rods . I have a 6920 that I would trade for the others if anybody likes the 6920 more .Reel has been used but very little .
    Last edited by Eagle 1; 03-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 6720, 6725 and 6730. All the President models are GOOD.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 of the #6920's. One is on a B n' M 7' SHSS and the other two are on the same model rods of 9' lengths. I would never want anything larger. And I do a lot of casting, as well vertical jigging and drifting. Great little reels. JMO.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger president gets a thumbs up from me! Have used many of them for years. I prefer the "30" size. Bigger real, if it works with your rod, does help with line memory issues than the much smaller models.
    Last edited by Spaceman; 03-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Agree w/Spaceman..30 sz casts better for me. It is a little heavier, but I usually fish longer rods to balance better. YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason I can get away with these smaller size Pfluegers is because I'm using Fireline Crystal in 2# test as my main line, with a fluorocarbon leader. I'd probably want a larger spool if I were using straight mono or Fluoro. But that's why I like the braids so much. Eliminates a multitude of headaches.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes yippeejf LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiveeyes View Post
    Agree w/Spaceman..30 sz casts better for me. It is a little heavier, but I usually fish longer rods to balance better. YMMV
    I am a sucker for a sale. Cabela's has the Pflueger patriarch on sale for $129.99. More than I would normally spend but that's a great price for this reel. So, I bought a 9530x yesterday.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!