Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lighted bobbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default lighted bobbers

a lot of us nightstalking veterans have added lighted bobbers to our arsenal. It would be interesting to hear some reports on using them if anyone got anything they wanna tell... Ive found since i started using em its helped our catch rate a good bit and some nights, the lighted bobbers have been the ticket for the night. used in the open water or against the bank they have proved their worth to us aboard the beast. one night, fishing close to the bank we had all the lighted bobbers in the beast hanging on tree limbs, stumps and roots casue we was having trouble over throwing in the darkness and hittin the woods.. of course i dint have that problem just my crewmen for the night we had so many lighted bobbers glowing out there on the bank and from the trees youd have thought it was christmas time on the lake. it would be interesitng to hear what kind the nightstalkers are using and what kind of luck they having using em.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey rango I found that striper site, just click on the crappie.com link and it will come up on subtopics.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember when I started using the lited bobbers but I remember going out one nite last spring and setting up as usual with the tightlines. I threw a bobber out the front of the boat abot 25' or so. I caught 4 big slabs on that bobber and not one fish on the tightline. About a month or so ago I was set up again and I cast a bobber toward the bank. It drifted to a submerged treetop and caught a huge slab. I cast there 3 more times and caught 2 more slabs and a taterchip. I lost the bobber on the next cast and since it was my only one I was finished with that method for the nite. Fished another 2 hours and only caught 3-4 average fish on the tightlines. I fish one spot in the dark water next to a lited dock. Throwing a bobber into the lite in front of the dock often results in a coupla extra fish.

One thing to remember tho...the tightlines are your bread and butter. If you can place your bobber rig so it allows you to keep an eye on your down rods, fine. But if the current or wind is making it where you have to choose between watchin it or the tightlines I suggest you don't mess with it. I use those styrofoam slip floats where the line goes thru the stem and use the Rod-N-Bob chemical lites that hook onto the stem with a little figure 8 piece of rubber. My opinion is that using the bobbers will put more fish in the boat over a period of time. Caught lots of cats on em also.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    I don't remember when I started using the lited bobbers but I remember going out one nite last spring and setting up as usual with the tightlines. I threw a bobber out the front of the boat abot 25' or so. I caught 4 big slabs on that bobber and not one fish on the tightline. About a month or so ago I was set up again and I cast a bobber toward the bank. It drifted to a submerged treetop and caught a huge slab. I cast there 3 more times and caught 2 more slabs and a taterchip. I lost the bobber on the next cast and since it was my only one I was finished with that method for the nite. Fished another 2 hours and only caught 3-4 average fish on the tightlines. I fish one spot in the dark water next to a lited dock. Throwing a bobber into the lite in front of the dock often results in a coupla extra fish.

One thing to remember tho...the tightlines are your bread and butter. If you can place your bobber rig so it allows you to keep an eye on your down rods, fine. But if the current or wind is making it where you have to choose between watchin it or the tightlines I suggest you don't mess with it. I use those styrofoam slip floats where the line goes thru the stem and use the Rod-N-Bob chemical lites that hook onto the stem with a little figure 8 piece of rubber. My opinion is that using the bobbers will put more fish in the boat over a period of time. Caught lots of cats on em also.
    Ive also found that not everyone on the boat can fish the bobbers unless the wind and current is still. It depends on the current and wave action on where they can be fished. some nights one end of the boat can fish em and the other end cant. thill makes several different versions of lighted bobbers, and i have several, but mostly what i use is the red night bobbys you can find at walmart when they got em. not the round ones but the bullet shapped ones that stand up when a fish hits it

Post Thanks / Like

oh man.....now my secret is out...... :D

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    a lot of us nightstalking veterans have added lighted bobbers to our arsenal. It would be interesting to hear some reports on using them if anyone got anything they wanna tell... Ive found since i started using em its helped our catch rate a good bit and some nights, the lighted bobbers have been the ticket for the night. used in the open water or against the bank they have proved their worth to us aboard the beast. one night, fishing close to the bank we had all the lighted bobbers in the beast hanging on tree limbs, stumps and roots casue we was having trouble over throwing in the darkness and hittin the woods.. of course i dint have that problem just my crewmen for the night we had so many lighted bobbers glowing out there on the bank and from the trees youd have thought it was christmas time on the lake. it would be interesitng to hear what kind the nightstalkers are using and what kind of luck they having using em.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    oh man.....now my secret is out...... :D
    Oh yeaaahhhh, now I remember....you came up with the lited bobbers about the same time you came up with the "secret weapon"
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

secrets just dont seem to be sacred anymore

Post Thanks / Like

secrets just dont seem to be sacred anymore
    THAT"S for damn sure!!!!!!!!!! LOL,LOL
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

the last "real" secret i had, when the wife found out about it, she kicked my ass out the door till she got over her mad spell. I decided right then and there a secret known by more than one person is no longer a secret........

Post Thanks / Like

the last "real" secret i had, when the wife found out about it, she kicked my ass out the door till she got over her mad spell. I decided right then and there a secret known by more than one person is no longer a secret........
    Yeah, I been payin $100 a week for 19 years 'cause someone gave up one of my "real" secrets.
    One taste of the bait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast