HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Advice on Enid and Sardis

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Advice on Enid and Sardis

My buddy and I are coming down to MS on Sunday and staying at George Cossar State Park. I'm looking for info
    regarding bait and tackle shops that are open and who, in the area, gives you a decent count on minnows. Also
    would like a recommendation for a decent meal or two. Who can I contact for info regarding lake levels and water
    temps? I am so looking forward to fishing these waters. Will probably stay off of Grenada, what with the tournament
    the following weekend. Appreciate any advice and help you guys and gals might offer! Thank You.
    "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason" President Ronald Reagan

Proud Member of "TEAM GEEZER"

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave, at Sardis when you get off interstate and head toward state park just before you get there. On your right will be a gas station with a bunch of campers parked in a lot next to it. That's called the Dam Store. Usually pretty good on minnows, have biscuits in the morning and a pretty good burger to order.
    Enid, closest place to main ramp is go past ramp exit and right up road on your left is a store that sells minnows. Maybe not best count but convenient. If you want to take a ride and have a large minnow cooler to keep bait in go past first exit for Enid, take next exit and turn back left. Follow that road like you were going to state camp ground, go past camp ground exit and right down on your left is the Longbranch store. They have minnows and food. Good count on minnows, great food. Just tell Tim your with C.C and out of town. He will take care of you and have latest info on Enid. I'm sure others will chime in but this should get you started.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes crappie curt LIKED above post
    Thanks DaveB40 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

There's a a place on 32 about a mile passed the turn off for the state park that has bait. I can't remember the name of it but the count was good there too. If you are going to put in at Wallace Long Branch is the best choice. Good food and good bait . The fried chicken at the Shell is not bad if you want to grab something quick. If you want Steak you can't go wrong with Como Steakhouse. It is north of Sardis off 310 but worth the drive.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for responding. We definitely will check out all of the suggestions,
    and appreciate the info! Hopefully I will be able to return the favor in the
    future. Tight Lines -Dave
    "Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason" President Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from the bait shop right outside of the Wallace Creek entrance. Highway robbery!
    Get your bait from Longbranch bait and tackle!! This rain will help with the water levels some. Found fish our last day in 4 to 6 fow on Enid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, hope yall had a good trip, had a blast fishing with you and Bill and hope you guys will come this way again.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Thanks Billbob, DaveB40 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Enid Lake Store, by Wallace Creek entrance, was always good to me last fall for minnows, made a good ham sandwich too!
    662-563-7055
    Likes chulai1968, DaveB40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by broharrell View Post
    Enid Lake Store, by Wallace Creek entrance, was always good to me last fall for minnows, made a good ham sandwich too!
    662-563-7055
    I got a good count there last week also. I use Longbranch also if I'm going to launch at Longbranch Creek.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Likes DaveB40, broharrell LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So how did your trip go?
    It is what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, let me shout out a great BIG "THANK YOU" to all of you who responded to my
    question for help. So here is what I learned this trip, know how to fish these waters BEFORE
    you go down there. It was a very difficult fishery for my partner and I since this was our
    first trip to the BIG FOUR. We had 82-85 degree weather on Mon & Tues with winds in the low
    to mid 20mph range. Wednesday when we fished with John Beshears from from Rees Guide, the weather fell
    into the lower 50's with the winds continuing to howl and light rain. Thursday & Fri were in the mid 70's but
    the wins stayed the same mid 20mph. Makes boat control a little tough without the right gear,
    chains, drift socks or pole anchors for the shallow waters. Sad to say, but the only day we caught
    fish, is when we went out with John. We did pick up bait, breakfast and sandwiches at Longbranch
    and since Tim Howell was out guiding, Phyllis took good care of us. Good count on minnows and
    a tasty sandwich for lunch in the boat. Also bought lunch at Lakeside and that lady knows how to
    make a meat lovers sandwich. Very pleasant also. On Enid we launched from Wallace Creek and
    Persimmon Hill & McCurdy Point, with most of all the other ramps out of the water. Water level is
    down 13-15ft on Enid. On Sardis we launched at Engineers Point on the south side and fished the
    marina and deeper water out in the main lake near the dam. If you are a first timer, those conditions
    will humble you real fast. Caught only about 30 fish total, but only brought home 10 keepers.
    We do plan on going back in the fall, better prepared.for the type and style of fishing down there.
    Until then, Tight Lines - Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast