Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allatoona crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allatoona crappie?

Hello. I'm new to the site and very excited about finding out about it. Lake allatoona is my primary lake to fish because I live very close to it. I usually have good success catching good size crappie in the early spring, but would like to know if any of you have any luck during the colder months. I start around mid Fedruary trolling at the mouths of the major creeks and usually find them. The lake is down about 17 feet right now, so most of the creeks are very shallow. If you fish allatoona?? Where is your favorite place to fish and when do you start? I will be happy to share any information that could help you guys.
    Thanks,
    Fishhead
    Last edited by Fishhead; 01-19-2005 at 09:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead
    Hello. I'm new to the site and very excited about finding out about it. Lake allatoona is my primary lake to fish because I live very close to it. I usually have good success catching good size crappie in the early spring, but would like to know if any of you have any luck during the colder months. I start around mid Fedruary trolling at the mouths of the major creeks and usually find them. The lake is down about 17 feet right now, so most of the creeks are very shallow. If you fish allatoona?? Where is your favorite place to fish and when do you start? I will be happy to share any information that could help you guys.
    Thanks,
    Fishhead
    Hey fishhead. I have a daughter that lives in ackworth. i was down there for a visit a few months ago and spent a week. i got to go fishing on it one day trolling.. we done pretty good. its a pretty lake. thats the only time ive ever been on it tho and cant tell you nothin about it.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    Hey fishhead. I have a daughter that lives in ackworth. i was down there for a visit a few months ago and spent a week. i got to go fishing on it one day trolling.. we done pretty good. its a pretty lake. thats the only time ive ever been on it tho and cant tell you nothin about it.
    Hello Rango, nice to meet you. What area of the lake did you fish?
    I know that may be difficult to answer if you don't know the lake well.
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Allatoona-Fishhead

Hello Fishhead, Welcome to georgia Crappie.Com, We are happy to have you aboard. Hope you enjoy the time you spend with us. Please feel free to share your fishing trips and any tips that you are willing to share with us. That is what this site is all about. Fisherman and lady anglers geting together to share something we all have in common, Our love for fishing. Welcome again! I am in Savannah so I can't help you on allatoona but there are other anglers on this site that do fish that body of water and I am sure they will help you out when they see your post. Good luck! and Gods Blessings! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the welcome JimmyS!

Looking forward to it.
    Thanks again,
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead
    Hello Rango, nice to meet you. What area of the lake did you fish?
    I know that may be difficult to answer if you don't know the lake well.
    Fishhead
    Im sorry fishhead. I couldnt tell you nothing about the places we went. I got to talkin to this guy at bass pro and we found we had the same interest in fishing so he invited me one day. i was in his boat and had no idea of the areas we fished.

Post Thanks / Like

No big deal rango. Was just curious. Crappie move so much, you have to find them day to day. I'm a little lazy and wait til they move up on the shallows to catch em. I know a good crappie fisherman can catch them year round....I'm not good.....mainly lucky and hit a day they are biting.
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fishead, if you arent yet fishing for em year yound, especially in the cold water months, you missing out on some fantastic fishing. im mostly a night fisherman tho, and not too good with em during the day, which requires a bit more knowledge on their movements and habits than night fishing does. well set out the lights at night in a likely looking spot and pop a top, lean back and wait for the bite to come. but we have some fantastic catches laid back like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey rango....I'm with ya buddy!! I do the night thing during the summer months. My youngest son loves to go at night and drink coffee!! That's the only time he will drink it. I've got some homemade fluorescent lights that hang off the side of my boat and boy howdy do they light up everything.
    Once the shad come in.....the big ol' slabs come in right behind em. All you do is drop them minners down about 10 to 12 ft and there ya go. Fish on!!!
    A good place to do this is around the marinas. They have tires tied to cables around all the marinas for protection from wake. We just tie up to the outside of the tires. The crappie are hanging out under the marina docks and them shad bring em out. I usually do better during the new moon.
    The lights are more affective.
    Can't wait!!!!
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allatoona fishing

Hello fishhead
    I fish this lake a lot and it can be hard to catch at times, and your right about fishing the mouth of creeks now thur march. I mostly fish from Ill. creek up to the river above little river. Good size fish are caught in the river above hwy. 20 bridge if you can catch the river right, Feb. and March are good months.Any brush you can find along the main lake 20-25 feet depth.
    Good luck and I will give some lake reports later. It has been 3 weeks the last time I was on Allatoona.
    Diehard
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast