Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Hook 7 mid/high DI GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Hook 7 mid/high DI GPS

I posted this in the electronics forum as well, so if it isn't ok to post this here, please feel free to delete it if need be.

Anyone have any experience with this unit? I noticed it was on sale at Cabelas, and I've really been wanting to upgrade to something with GPS and DI. I mainly fish shallowish lakes, but there's a few lakes around me that are deeper that I would probably be more likely to fish with the added ability of being able to find brush, mark it and come back to fish it. I feel like I limit myself because of my lack of electronics, and being able to mark it I'd be more willing to expand my horizons a bit. Here's a link:
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...C=cat104588280

Post Thanks / Like

I have that unit on my boat. I am still learning all the things it can do. The unit is better than I am for sure. As far as marking spots and returning and also locating things. I entered 35 offshore reefs and wrecks that are public numbers on FWC website. When I clear the inlet and choose the waypoint it will take you to it and can easily see the wrecks, sunkin bridges or reef ledges, I am looking for. Depths of these range from 25' to 130'. Have also found other areas that are not public numbers and marked them and can return with ease. I have always had handheld or basic cheap depthfinders prior to this unit, so I would say it is very user friendly as I am no electronics wizard. I bought Lowrance because i knew I was getting a Motor Guide XI5 and if I ever wanted to link it would vs the Hummingbird that would not. I have not linked them to date.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!