Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is your computer slow? Can't view Crappie.com? See Below

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is your computer slow? Can't view Crappie.com? See Below

It may be your own computer. Many of you guys already know this stuff so bear with me here. But for you guys and gals that are new to the internet and to using computers you may not know about SPYWARE and what it does to your computer.

Here is a good article I found on MSN that will help

http://tech.msn.com/howto/article_205-1.armx

I personally use Zone Alarm Pro, Ad-Aware and spybot to protect my computer and to detect sypware that is loaded on my system when I visit some web sites.

Running these free programs can speed up your computer and protect your bandwidth from being used by others.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-19-2005 at 08:01 AM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose1am,

I am new to this forum and I have problems getting around this site at times especially in the afternoon. I have Cable access to the internet and have the best antispy software and antivirus software and it is still slow slow. Not that I am complaining but it is not my computer since every other site I visit dont seem to have this problem, but I can live with it. Since I am in no hurry and since this is a very informative site a little slow in the moving around dont bother me lol. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the site or how slow it is just letting you know that I dont think its got alot to do with slow computers its got to do with the over load on the dedicated server that runs this site. This is just my opinion so this is my two cents lol.

Post Thanks / Like

You may be right. This site has a lot more information on it these days. And now with the photos that are posted and the other artwork I am sure that is bound to slow the site down somewhat. You and I are lucky in that we are on cable and have our computers working fast. But not everyone is so lucky to have access to cable and they may need all the help they can get to speed things up.

There are ways to speed up even the old dial up modems but I am not going into that right now. It's been a while since I played around with the windows speed tricks and tweaking my old phone modems settings. Back in the old days my bandwidth was 33K while today it's more like 4 MBits/sec on the cable system.

www.56k.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drift_Wood
    Hey Moose1am,

I am new to this forum and I have problems getting around this site at times especially in the afternoon. I have Cable access to the internet and have the best antispy software and antivirus software and it is still slow slow. Not that I am complaining but it is not my computer since every other site I visit dont seem to have this problem, but I can live with it. Since I am in no hurry and since this is a very informative site a little slow in the moving around dont bother me lol. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the site or how slow it is just letting you know that I dont think its got alot to do with slow computers its got to do with the over load on the dedicated server that runs this site. This is just my opinion so this is my two cents lol.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that generally speaking, everything on the internet is slow in the afternoons. I would say internet volumn is the cause. I am stuck with a 56k internet connection for now. I upload and down load alot of videos, it takes forever on the slow internet connection, I sure wish I could get hooked up to a better connection.