Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Using Depth Finder???

BamaFishin Guest

Default Using Depth Finder???

My dad and I just bought a new Bass Tracker 170 TX and it came with a Lowrance X37 Depth Finder.I don't really know how to read it to well.I can't tell the difference from a big school of fish from a pile of brush.I want to be a ble to use our depth finder more to find fish but I simply don't know how to read it very well,would you fellas mind sheding some light on this for me?Is the depth finder we have capable of sorting things out like that or should we upgrade?Another question I wondered about is when you stop and anchor the boat and are not moving anymore how is it the depth finder is still showing movement as if the boat were still moving?Can someone explain to me kind of how they work?
    Sorry for such dumb questions,I figure what better place to ask than here.
    Thanks,
    James

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to ask Lowrance for a manual, and they will send you one if they are anything like Humminbird. You may even be able to download a manual. Might be worth a try.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's one thread you might find some interest in. There are pics and explanations of fish finders working on the water. Both while moving and while anchored. There are some interesting pictures from some of the economy model finders all the way to some of the most expensive models.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=21721

Another suggestion is to visit the Lowrance website and download the product manual.

http://www.lowrance.com/OEM/Products/X37TX.asp

Also read starting here to help under stand sonar and how it works.

http://www.lowrance.com/tutorials/so...utorial_01.asp

Hope this helps some.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

My friends new Tracker has the X-37 also and neither he nor I am very impressed. He's already talking about a Hummingbird 565 or something.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another link to look at.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=27679
    Joe

-----------------------------
    Still learning this crappie thing.
    -----------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

For most of the Lowrance units you can go to their website and download a practice version it will operate the same on your computer as the unit in your boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowrance X37 and the X47 on my boat. I hate them both. You cant hardly distinguish anything on them. The only time I can really tell if I might catch some fish over what I see is if I am trolling and it shows a big brush pile. It looks like fish around every one of them, but I think its just showing some of the branches as fish. Just happens to be a few there maybe. The sensitivity is hard to adjust right on them and sometimes they show fish as big as whales. Just ask Fatboy, he saw mine and tried to help me figure it out. As far as the screen still moving while you sitting still, make sure it didnt get switched to simulator mode. I would advise you to upgrade if you can. If I had the money I would.