Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Garland 2" Swim'r vs Baby Shad opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobby Garland 2" Swim'r vs Baby Shad opinions

Curious if anyone has any anecdotes as to which of these small plastic baits fish better. I cannot tell a difference and do equally well with each. My favorite colors are cajun cricket and blue ice, with John Deere coming in at third. Presumably the swim'r tail would employ more action, but my catch rate doesn't necessarily improve. I would be interested to hear if you all have different experiences.

Thanks!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Longline, swimmers, shortline, baby shads for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love the BS's. I have not tried the swimmers as yet, but if I'm going to go to a paddle tail, it'll be a Slider, hands down.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    I absolutely love the BS's. I have not tried the swimmers as yet, but if I'm going to go to a paddle tail, it'll be a Slider, hands down.
    Ha! Sliders are my next favorite bait. Followed by Kalins triple threat curly tail.

Post Thanks / Like

The swimmers don't have that much tail action compared to other paddle tails.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I really love the swim'r baits but have noticed they still catch fish when the paddle tail gets bit off. My #1 color is bluegrass with #2 being monkey milk. They all catch fish like crazy. Still fish the shad style too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

I love them both, start with BS.

Post Thanks / Like

And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the exact time line but I think it was two years ago?Maybe three? The little swimmer just got hot for me . I used it on probably five different lakes in several states. Always cast and retrieve.From early spring until late fall. Also had several people fish with me and they started using them . Did not keep exact count but had to be in the neighborhood of a thousand fish caught. The biggest problem I had was when I was fishing for crappie and blugill where in the same area and occasionally would nip off the tip of the tail that imparts the tiny wiggle to it. I would say it effected catch rate overall about 40 to 50 percent if averaged out over the entire year. If I was in a hot school of fish and catching one on nearly every cast and then the tail got nipped...it would slow to maybe a fish every three or four cast.Of course this is an average which means some times it did not affect it all and other days it made a significant difference. I had some colors that just would not catch enough fish to make it worth even tieing them on. I did the best on the shad color.Course color don't matter they say......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggone View Post
    I can't remember the exact time line but I think it was two years ago?Maybe three? The little swimmer just got hot for me . I used it on probably five different lakes in several states. Always cast and retrieve.From early spring until late fall. Also had several people fish with me and they started using them . Did not keep exact count but had to be in the neighborhood of a thousand fish caught. The biggest problem I had was when I was fishing for crappie and blugill where in the same area and occasionally would nip off the tip of the tail that imparts the tiny wiggle to it. I would say it effected catch rate overall about 40 to 50 percent if averaged out over the entire year. If I was in a hot school of fish and catching one on nearly every cast and then the tail got nipped...it would slow to maybe a fish every three or four cast.Of course this is an average which means some times it did not affect it all and other days it made a significant difference. I had some colors that just would not catch enough fish to make it worth even tieing them on. I did the best on the shad color.Course color don't matter they say......
    Good info and data. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast