HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Say it isnt so .......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Say it isnt so .......

The spawn is over ? Stop it I say , I wasn't done just yet ..... Now I know lots of folks would say I am full of something and I have heard that kind of rumble in the these parts about what I have to say on this subject. But to be sure in some spots here they are winding it up and the boys and girls are beat up skinny in the belly area and just kinda still hanging around the areas .
    I am always amazed though at how much it can vary from one body of water to the next . I have not figured out why exactly and suspect water volume plays a part in it along with how quickly or slowly these spots warm up due to the water volume .Some of the fish we managed were really shallow still and some were out in about 8 to 10 foot of water . A cold front was pushing thru yesterday when we went and it made it a bit tough to really whack them , but we did box up a bunch of fish and had a great time with my bud . We had our jigs set about 3 foot deep under floats for the most part and the fish sure had some serious steam when they got on the jig .
    went from about 1 pm to 5 pm and enjoyed the peace and quiet as we were the only boat on the little lake ...
    one last thing to think about we noticed as well , when it was over cast as the front came in the fish wanted a dark color and once the sun showed back up they wanted a bright color . AND I just had to try my new hat out is the main reason I went ......so I got a few "extra" selfie photos this trip .....
    hope you enjoy the read and photos and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes P-row, S10CHEVY, Clipper LIKED above post
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great hat Ketchn, fish not bad either.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew Gene would like that hat lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent post as usual! Some very pretty black crappie. Can't wait until this winter finally gives up the ghost!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn has not started on Lake Austin. Catching a Few over brush in 20 fow. 2 out of three have eggs but zero luck at catching them near shoreline. Oh--by the way--look at what the Karrot catches down here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

they don't always want that karrot bro .....but boy howdy when they do they hit it like they mean it ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and thanks for sharing post and pictures

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking catch! Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!