Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Battery jump box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery jump box

What is the best battery jump box to carry in the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a jump starter from Harbor freight that's served me well. I've used it to start tractor, truck , boat, for several years now. Just used it the other day to run a dump trailer when the battery went dead on it. Cheap and works, I think they're $50 for the standard or you can step up from there.

Post Thanks / Like

I got this last year for my wife when she was commuting 90 miles one way to work. She's since gotten closer to home so it now goes in the boat when I have it out. Have yet to use it for my boat, but it jumped the 5.4 liter Triton V8 on my F-150 several times one day on a single charge when my battery unexpectedly crapped out. Highly recommend this. https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-8000m...8f50b10f96cfe7
    Last edited by bigterp; 03-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As a used auto transporter for over 40 years, I tried several different brands jump boxes. As you can imagine, used autos at dealer only automobile auctions many times were stored for long periods of time before they actually get bought & moved. Lotsa dead batteries. I found the Jump N Carry brand the top of the crop. I never had to recharge them...when jumping a car, it received some charge back from the car once started if I left it on for a bit. Also, those times the car would not stay running due to faulty or inefficient charging, I could leave the box attached and the hood ajar as I retrieved it from inside the auction storage facility and drive it out to my truck to load. Of course, it has a regular 120 plug that attaches to your house/garage electrical source via extension cord to charge it if you like. Also, it has internal monitor that you don't have to worry about overcharging. Very durable...I've dropped em, beat em and they keep on ticking. They would get stolen is the only reason I would have to buy another one.

I tried many different cheaper ones to save money before I found these. EBay had the cheapest source for these as well...somewhere in the northeast as I recall. Retired now and still have my old trusty JNC to take in the boat or camping...saved my bacon a bunch of times.

"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket ?"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no input on the jump box. I have no need for one, to my way of thinking, in my boat. But I am not without options. When I bought my boat it contained a set of jumper cables made from arc welders leads with good copper clad clips on both ends. I've used them a few times in 8 years, and loaned them to others for them to use in their boats. With 3 batteries in the boat I have only to tap into one of the others to solve any problems I have ever had. I'm also sure that others needs may dictate that have need for the hotbox, and thanks to KiK for the well tested input.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes spindle LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have always carried a set of jumper cables in my boat. Had to use them once so far. Hooked them up to my trolling motor and started the boat right away. I still might look in to the jumper box. Sounds like a better idea.

Post Thanks / Like

The Jump and Carry (JNC) are great. They have features such a cig lighters which is helpful. My son is in the autobody business. He had me buy him one for Xmas so he could use it for removing car windows when the doors are removed from the cars. Check Amazon for decent prices. I bought the JNC 660, basic model.

Post Thanks / Like

Jumper cables are cheap and they work.
    Likes spindle LIKED above post