Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anchor Away!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchor Away!!!!!!!

Thinking about buying a electric anchor winch and was wondering if anyone has used one and what brand would you recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Minkota brand. I think It cost me around $140 three years ago. It really has been a pain in the rear until I cut about 30' of rope out of it. I also had to redo the switch. I would have to look at it to tell you what I did. I used a three way switch I found at academy. The one that came with the unit was a peice of junk. It does a fairly good job now. I don't think Grubby had to handel the rear anchor one time on our recent night stalk.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of mine that came with the boat due to the problems I had with it. I have the manual hand crank anchor-ease system, and it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

the one DP has on his boat got me thinking of putting one on my boat it worked great.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

What brand, how much, and where did he get it?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

...I agree...most fellows I've talked to who had the electric anchor winch had problems with them...besides, I've got a lot more use for what electric power I have on the boat (lol)...I used the manual type winch for almost 30 years before it crapped out...now I "muscle up" the anchor :-P

Bushrod