Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bobbers and stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default bobbers and stops

crappie.com family. I watched a video on the new bobbers and stops from clearly outdoors Tried them this week IMO they are great watch video and see what you think clearlyoutdoors.com see what you think. the stops are hard to do the first time but if you order the bobbers and stops they will or did send a refill with purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. I might give those a shot
    2014 Stinger 195
    Drift master rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Love the bobbers they have and the different sizes work well for different conditions. First time I used the bobbers stops they worked great and went on just fine. Next time I must have used a dozen before I got one on correct. So, I will use that some point when I have a line already with a hook I need to put one on and have time to try a bunch, but it will not be something I order again on the stops only. I will get more bobbers and continue to use the Eagle Claw rubber stops (I call them rubber bobber buger stops not recalling the real name).

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered some stop and bobber and like them. Like you said it take a little skill to get the stop on at first but with use it becomes easier. I plan on ordering more when I get low.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for link!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Smart Stop Bobber Stops | Slip Bobber Fishing Bobber Stops
    Heres the link. They are pretty cool I have some myself and like them better than the string stops.
    Likes Kosovocop LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

watched video and just order a pack looks easy enough

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered bobbers and stops. Any advice for putting the stops on successfully?
    Fin

Post Thanks / Like

Fin Like the video said not to use forecepts .I did small point needle nose does fine don't squeeze too hard or line will pop out the slot, remove from clip moving side to side not end to end( my second mistake) once you get it down its pretty easy Good luck with your fishing
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

REPORT: Got mine The float is excellent. Its well thought out and well made. You could probably put it on with one hand If you need to.It cast perfectly, I don't think it could be better. The jig eye doesn't stick "Know what I mean?" I got the small for 1/32-1/8oz jigs.Could have gone smaller for 1/32oz but there was a little line drag with4# Mr. Crappie line. It worked.
    The bobber stops were meticulous. First I noticed they broke off the spool very easily. They can still be used with practice.
    You'll need readers to put one on the line. The bobber stops cast nicely with no hang in or out. I quickly noticed the stops don't stay put on 4# line. It needs adjustment after the second cast. A single overhand knot fixes that. You'll need a new one to move it up. Ive only tried 4#. Might work with 6#. Or with shinny braid it may slide past a knot.
    FIN
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post