Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 bank charger

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 bank charger

Anyone used the NOCO Gen Mini 3 bank onboard charger? I run a 24v trolling system and have 1 cranking/pump/electronics battery.

Just wandering if you guys have had good experiences with this unit. I can get it on amazon prime for $150. Seems to be the best buy for they money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As much as a good set of batteries are these days I personally wouldn't scrimp on a quality on board charger, it may save you more in the long run on batteries than the savings on the charger, just my 2 cents.
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    As much as a good set of batteries are these days I personally wouldn't scrimp on a quality on board charger, it may save you more in the long run on batteries than the savings on the charger, just my 2 cents.
    I agree but NOCO seems to be a quality charger, or at least, that's what I'm asking others who have hopefully had more good than bad experiences with this brand. I'm not looking for cheap junk to charge my batteries with.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That charger is only 4 amps per bank....gonna take a long time to charge. A 10 amp per bank charger would be better if you want to charge them over night
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes M R Dux, Hookedonslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize if my statement upset you, I did not mean that you were buying cheap, all I meant was that a name brand isn't that much more expensive, I myself have never heard of the brand you are looking at. Please accept my apology as I meant no disrespect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    I apologize if my statement upset you, I did not mean that you were buying cheap, all I meant was that a name brand isn't that much more expensive, I myself have never heard of the brand you are looking at. Please accept my apology as I meant no disrespect.
    No disrespect taken. I get what you're saying completely. I posted on another forum outlet and heard that some had lots of trouble with Minn Kota and they swapped to this NOCO brand and they haven't had any trouble out it.

Your response didn't upset me. Thanks for your reply.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiff89_jr View Post
    No disrespect taken. I get what you're saying completely. I posted on another forum outlet and heard that some had lots of trouble with Minn Kota and they swapped to this NOCO brand and they haven't had any trouble out it.

Your response didn't upset me. Thanks for your reply.

I have a Minn Kota 4 bank charger and never a bit of trouble out of it !!! it has done an excellent job for going on 2 years now !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Heres my what ive read NOCO is a pretty top of the line brand of charger.Its just the size is iffy with only 4 amps per bank it would take awhile to charge and if you dont get it on the charger early and decide to hit it again the next day you might not get a full charge. But the price is right!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a MK 3 bank and it has performed flawlessly thus far. The Noco brand as I've read has great reviews and folks on some Tex boards really like them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast