Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Installing a fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installing a fish finder

What do you guys use when attaching the transducer to the transom? when I drill what kind of sealant should i get? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Coach
    What do you guys use when attaching the transducer to the transom? when I drill what kind of sealant should i get? Thanks
    Much better to epoxy it in the bilge if it's a fiberglass boat. If you have to go through the transom, fill the holes with 3M 5200 sealant before putting stainless steel screws in.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

For best results I attatch mine to trolling motor unless you wnat to mount to boat

jughustler Guest

Coach
    I Use DAP Tub/Tile sealent, it stays flexible and water doesn't
    affect it.

Regard
    Jug

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Humminbird and Lowrance/Eagle make a suction cup transducer mount. Get one and test different locations, angles and heights before you decide on the proper place to put it. The right location will give the best sonar returns at all speeds. After playing with mine, it works all the time. My boat will run 59 and it still doesn't loose the signal.

I drilled holes before and found that it was in the wrong spot. As soon as I got on plane, it would do crazy stuff because it wasn't getting a good stream off water. Air bubbles were getting under it.

The suction cup is worth the price and testing.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Just get some silicone from Lowes or Home Depot. As long as it is 100% silicone you won't have a problem. I've been using this for years and have never had a problem.
    GO STEELER'S!