HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Zebco Bullet Review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco Bullet Review

Let me first say, that due to football in my youth and also age, my hands are becoming increasingly harder to motivate sometimes....running a baitcaster has become almost impossible, and flipping a bail open and closed is no longer an easy chore.

I have been using a couple spincast (Daiwa and Abu Garcia) when I wanted to fish but my hands needed a break.
    All spincast reels have had issues that I didn't like...lack of power, bulky, slow retrieve, couldn't use Superline, etc, etc,.
    Then through a buddy in the industry, I heard about the NEW for 2017 Zebco Bullet. So I decided to buy one and try it.

All I can do is rave about this Zebco...it sure isn't Grandma's spincast any more....
    Needless to say, I now own 2.

This reel destroys all the bad things about spincasts....I have used it 6 times so far and I have retired all of my baitcaster and spinning reels.
    I mainly fish swimbaits, curly tails, and other swimming plastics for Crappie and Walleye....some cranks, chatterbaits, etc., for Bass.
    This reel will handle them all.

With 29 inches of retrieve per handle turn, a baitcaster speed and power, 9 bearings, ZERO drag pickup pins, all weather handle grip, and ability to use braid...this thing is a Monster.
    I can now burn plastics, or still slow them down to a crawl...the all metal construction and brass gears, allow you to pull in a 12 pound Channel like it was a nice Crappie...loosen the drag and you can play with Crappie also.
    It comes with 2 spools, both have fireline...I immediately took it off and spoiled Seaguar Smackdown...the reel is perfect for great braid. Casts and handling are flawless so far.

I almost gagged at the price of 99 dollars for a spincast...all I can say now, is it was money WELL SPENT!

GOOD FISHING
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes chaunc, rcornish, Spaceman, SeaRay LIKED above post
    Thanks wolfhnd thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they're selling pretty good , most every where I checked , they were sold out .
    I was mainly looking for the specs on the reel , particularly the weight . I found it and it weighs a whopping 13.4ozs . Wow , that the weight of two of my baitcasters or two of my spinning reels .
    I own a couple of the Omega Pros. They're a step in the right direction , but are still heavy and are hard to palm.
    Glad you like yours . Gillchaser

Post Thanks / Like

How much line do they hold?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    How much line do they hold?
    Zebco says 85 yards of 10 pound...I put on 150 yards of 20lb Smackdown, it was full so I took off about 10 yards...no issues at all.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

A couple pics for comparison....in the middle of my Smoke spinner and baitcast.
    The thing I like about the all metal weight is the durability...some of the light weight alloys become brittle and if dropped will break.
    A spincast will never be as light as a baitcaster due to it's internals and design...but for those who like the ease of use, this is the best....so far!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really good! Great report too. Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Moving the spool further forward was a good move , leaves a better area to Palm , now if they were to move the drag and make it a star drag next to the handle and out of the way , it would be better .
    I'm glad to see they are putting an effort into making a better spincast reel .
    As my fingers get to where they no longer want to do as I want them to , I'll be looking more at spincasters in the not so distant future . Gillchaser
    Likes INTIMIDATOR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gillchaser999 View Post
    Moving the spool further forward was a good move , leaves a better area to Palm , now if they were to move the drag and make it a star drag next to the handle and out of the way , it would be better .
    I'm glad to see they are putting an effort into making a better spincast reel .
    As my fingers get to where they no longer want to do as I want them to , I'll be looking more at spincasters in the not so distant future . Gillchaser
    The best surprise was the ability to use a ultra thin braid...the pickup pins are huge, and spin on bearings...This is the first one that I have been able to use braid on without issue.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post