HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need advice on fish finder

Hello again, I'm in the market now for a new fish finder. I went to Bass Pro yesterday and think I've narrowed it down the the Garmin 73cv or the 73sv. From what I read the CV has chirp but does not come with side vue. The SV unit comes with side vue but is not a chirp model. They both have the lake maps installed already. The CV is 100$ more expensive because it is a chirp sonar. Is it worth the extra money? I've never used a Side view model so I'm not sure how much more I'd want that. I'll paste the two models to help. Thanks

Garmin EchoMAP 73SV HD Fishfinder and Chartplotter with LakeVu HD Maps

Garmin EchoMAP 73CV CHIRP Fishfinder and Chartplotter with LakeVu HD Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent question! Next week we're going down to Cabelas to see these units for themselves before buying. If I understand correctly, the "SV" model suppose to have all the bells & whistles, including chirp. But right now I'm so confused I don't know which has what! LOL!

I will say this....from talking to a lot of good fishermen in this neck of the woods, they advocate strongly for the SI feature. Having never used one myself, it's anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Crestliner08; 03-02-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

This has it all: 2d, side, down, chartplotting, sd-card slot and pre-loaded maps! (you want this one - I know I do !)

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-e...cer-P4640.aspx
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So the Chirp Sonar is worth paying some more money for is what I'm getting?
    Thanks dblount thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've also looked at this model which is much cheaper and has everything minus the Side imaging. Anyone heard how they are?
    Lowrance Hook-7 Mid/High/Downscan Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Insight Pro

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jscheller View Post
    I've also looked at this model which is much cheaper and has everything minus the Side imaging. Anyone heard how they are?
    Lowrance Hook-7 Mid/High/Downscan Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Insight Pro
    the Garmin will give you more for your money !!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jscheller View Post
    So the Chirp Sonar is worth paying some more money for is what I'm getting?
    Yup - better target separation. And, you can add panoptix later when you win the lottery.
    A man's gotta believe in somethin' - I believe I'll go fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Have had the 93sv chirp for a year come April. Have it on the TM. Very happy. The chirp gives better pics, separation, etc. Hopefully Panoptix in the near future. For crappie fishing I hear it is a game changer. Everybody has different wants and needs and uses. I would not want less than I have. Another thing about the Garmin, is the flat-rate repair policy for as long as parts are available. Still repairing some 10 yo models they say. Nobody else does that. I haven't checked prices on the Pan for a while, but the units are now less than mine was, maybe the Pan ducer is too. Brian will give as good a price as anybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: I have the 73 sv chirp. For me it's the way to go unless you can go to the 93 sv chirp , bigger screen more money. The older 73 sv models did not have chirp . You can still get one from Cabela's now for $499. Garmin is coming out with a rebate program April 1 but won't tell what it will be until Then . Good Luck this season . O - R

Post Thanks / Like

• Purchase a qualifying Garmin GPSMAP or echoMAP CHIRP Series chartplotter and a Panoptix transducer receive a $200 Mail-In Rebate. Valid through March 31, 2017

I wonder how that April rebate will compare to the current one, above. (sorry, my 'trigger' finger is itching to buy, know what I mean?)
    A man's gotta believe in somethin' - I believe I'll go fishin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast