HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gettin back on my feet

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gettin back on my feet

Gettin back on my feet

Well, it's been 5 painful weeks since my knee replacement surgery. The knee surgery went fine even though I was well aware of most of it since I respond to anesthesia differently than most. There is not a house framing crew out there that makes more noise or commotion that that Dr during surgery.

My issue after the surgery is my back got twisted up during the surgery and I had a serious nerve impingement at L5/S1. I received a steroid injection into the area of that nerve bundle on Tuesday. To say I was a bit apprehensive would have been a gross understatement. The procedure took all of about 5 minutes with little pain from the local used to deaden the area of the shot. The shot itself was nothing more than pressure and a funny sensation in my lower abdomen when the medicine was injected. I was fully clothed and talked to the Dr during most of the procedure since he had Electric Light Orchestra music playing and I've only seen them in concert 5 times. Seems he's a huge fan.He told me I should get to maximum relief in a few days. By bedtime I was already getting relief.

A few hours after the pain procedure, I went to my knee Surgeon and his Physician's Assistant for a check-up. Their reaction to my current state was a double thumbs up. The knee looks great, my physical therapy is going well, and with the leg pain being dealt with, they said they would see me in 4 weeks and I'm free to do whatever I can safely do without hurting my knee or leg.

During my down-time, I've taken time to sort thru decades of crap in my tackle boxes that has never been wet and put the stuff I do use in new boxes and soft-side bags. I've put a dozen new reels on a dozen new Southern Crappie Poles for both spider rigging and power trolling.

Once we get some decent winds, I'm heading out with a couple of buddies to find some crappie and get the boat ready for clients who are ringing my phone.

I want to thank each person here for their concerns, prayers, calls, PMs, texts, or just asking my friends/family how I'm doing. I've been thru some times that I experienced pain I would never wish on my worst enemy. Hopefully I'm on the mend. If I didn't already know it, I now realize what a big part of my life Crappie.Com and the members here are to me. Thanks Ed for making it happen.

I also have to acknowledge my wife and soul-mate of 42 years. She has been there for me thru thick and thin and still likes me. She's also as good on a crankbait crappie rod as they come.

Crappie and redears/gills beware!!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wicklundrh, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. Heading your way tomorrow for some therapy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal,bet your ready to get out and about

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Be easy with yourself!!! I LAID in the BED all drugged up fer 7 months with those impingement so!!! Words can't relate what numb cheeks,legs and feet feel like!!! If you have tingling or hot pin feeling in your feet look up METANX up and school yourself!!! I was seeing a Neurosurgeon and all he prescribed was spinal blocks!!! Saw another MD and Endocrinologist they recommended me trying the Vitamin complex of METANX!!!! It worked for me and I am a heavy diabetic!!!
    Thanks M R Dux thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot prescription copayment for me was $74.00 per 30 day supply!!! I recently found that you can by it directly from manufacturer with a 90 day prescription !! $87.00 90 day supply!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are doing OK. Getting my knee replaced was a life changer for me. Hope you continue to get better.