Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yo-yo carry/storage container (mechanical automatic fishing reels)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yo-yo carry/storage container (mechanical automatic fishing reels)

Where I live, it's pretty popular to fish at night during pre-spawn for white perch (crappie) using shiners. Last night, I went first time this year. I had 36 yo-yo's in a plastic bucket. The hook hung on the lip and the yo-yo's lined up inside the bucket with the attachment string falling into the bottom of the bucket. No problem. Until you get to your destination and find that, somehow, the bucket tipped over. You talk about a mess. 36 yo-yo's to untangle.

As I untangled them, a guy close by started talking about me going fishing and he had been fishing there for days (nights). I mentioned my bucket tipped over and he said something about his kitty litter containers. I don't hear well and finally I walked over to where he was with all his gear and I asked what he said about kitty litter containers. He pointed to his 'bucket.' It was a kitty litter container with the lid off. His kitty litter containers have a plastic lip along the top, inside the rim. He drilled small holes about a half inch apart all along this lip. The hook for each yo-yo went in one of these holes and each yo-yo dangled into the bottom of the bucket kind of like mine did. I guess the point is, if his tipped over, most of the yo-yo's would still be 'attached' to their drilled hole.

I have done an extensive google search and come up with nothing, which surprises me. Anyone know exactly how to do this or have any tips, or, even better, any photos? I wish I would have snapped a pic!
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

5 gallon bucket with holes drilled very near the top would work. Currently I have mine in an old Styrofoam minnow bucket. Just stick the hooks in the lip of the bucket. Need something a little heavy in the bottom to keep it from tipping over. I'm always looking for new ideas to make organization better.

Post Thanks / Like

Milk crate with holes drilled in the top, bucket with holes drilled works too but the milk crates are much less likely to tip over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks 9mmTeacher thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used a foam minnow bucket or a foam ice chest with a weight in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if it is legal in Alabama to use the mechanical yoyos? I may have overlooked it in our regulations.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a foam ice chest with a weight in it.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

ok, I got to ask wth are Yoyo's? pre tied rigs? if so why not a pool noodle? I always carried my yoyo in my back pocket when I was a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    ok, I got to ask wth are Yoyo's? pre tied rigs? if so why not a pool noodle? I always carried my yoyo in my back pocket when I was a kid
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  48.4 KB
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Snerd View Post
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  48.4 KB
    you hang them on a tree limb or something like that pull the line out and when the fish bites it winds itself back up, works like a window shade
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Thanks Tom 513 thanked you for this post