Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transporting 14/16ft trolling rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transporting 14/16ft trolling rods

What kind of rod racks/holders are guys using to transport your rods in your boats without breaking them down?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry meant to post on the main crappie forum

Post Thanks / Like

Using driftmaster rod locker. I installed using several different sytles of security screws to slow down the theives. I also fabbed up a sheet metal box that rests down inside the reel rack to create a true locker so they can't reach under and loose the reels and slide them out. Need a sawzall to steal basically. Make sure whichever you buy to use those velcro strips to bunch a few tips at time. Keeps them from slapping each other and damaging the carbon. Do the same a few time up and down the rod as well. I have run mine fully loaded all over the midwest and south. No issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Driftmaster tip savers, but ended up buying another set for extra support. With two uprights, my poles bowed in the middle; when I brought them in closer, the tips shook really bad when driving. The third upright gave it increased stability.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Low Pro rod racks. Great guy and great product for the money compared to most others I have used over the years.