HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Fins tell the tale ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Fins tell the tale ....

If you frequent a spot a few times a week during the spawning period its pretty easy to see the writing on the wall . The fish start out slow and fat and staged off the bank .They sport the best colors of the year and are just flat out beautiful . Then they move up tight and come in waves to the bank and it gets pretty crazy for a bit. The bank anglers show up in droves that haven't been around since last spring and the fish get bunched up in baskets .And the droves of bank anglers have lots of tips and advice .... lol
    Then the fish start to look thinner and beat up and the fins are shredded and the numbers are not there like they were tight to the bank . Some are staged for a final fling on the bank a bit and some are just gone for the year . Now I am by no means a person that knows for sure what the crappie are doing and or have done ,but that said I know the fish pretty well at this little lake .
    This lake is the first in a line of where they do it first in this area from what I have seen in the past and that said it is also the first one that it ends in as well . So the end is near from what I have seen at that spot and there will be more fish to be sure that will come up to the bank , but the larger numbers and concentrations are thinning out pretty quickly there .
    I had a local there tell me its almost time for the crappie to come up yesterday and I have heard that there several times in the past .The truth be known is that the bluegill are now about to start the pilgrimage there and if you follow my posts here and there you will see just that .
    SAD but true the end is near ......
    hope you enjoy the photos and read and as always have a great day
    p.s. I huck finned a 6 pack for dinner as well on a willow a beaver cut down .....the rest when on to what they were doing ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, S10CHEVY LIKED above post
    Thanks crappie flash thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn.....always watch for your reports....never responded but gotta say thanks for sharing. Great pics also....I can't look at em enough!
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for post and pick's.Nice six pack.just right for eating.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Ketchn! that's how you do it, take a six pack home and have a cold beer with your fish dinner. love it when they are tight to the bank and man is it crazy!
    Likes GTDFisherman LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those fish are turning black. The must be rotting.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"