HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful no fish is worth you life.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful no fish is worth you life.

Apparently this was the second time this gentleman was stranded on the lake this week. Jeff Faulkenberry pulled him off a sandbar earlier in the week. Be careful out there especially this time of year. Let people know where your going to be and take some basic safety items with you in case you find yourself stranded! It may just save your life. Also be mindful of other boaters. Jeff stated in a Facebook post that others had just left him sitting there while he was blowing on a whistle trying to get help.

MSHP rescuers save man stranded for hours at Truman Lake, found with his clothes coated in ice | fox4kc.com
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad he was found safe. Never said why boat was taking on water so fast. Always wear life jacket. I still wear the regular kind. I can't swim and don't feel comfortable wearing the inflatable kind. If it fails to inflate you drown.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in a situation where I had to blow a whistle for help on Truman. No one came to help, eventhough I saw at least 3 crappie fishermen/boats within easy hearing distance. A lot of idiots out there with no clue about rules of the water and navigation rules and guidelines.
    Likes hdhntr, Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

friend of mine who fished Reelfoot by himself and rarely wore a LJ was talking to a buddy who was by himself and not wearing LJ either for a brief moment and then they went to different parts of lake in January. Later that night saw on news that that friend had drowned when the big storm that drove him off the lake had swamped buddies boat. Shook him up bigtime but he still stubbornly didn't wear a LJ. some people just refuse to learn. it is dangerous out on the water by yourself at a time when very few boats are out there with you.

Rule 1, return alive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perchplucker View Post
    Never said why boat was taking on water so fast.
    Might have had something to do with being stuck on a sandbar the first time??

Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful no fish is worth you life.

It can happen so fast! Two guys in a bass boat were stuck on a sand bar in Wappapello a few years ago. They were pushing and pulling on the boat. I just happened by and threw them my 50 foot rope. They tied it to their rope and I was able to pull them to deeper water. They said they had been stuck there six hours. It was winter time after duck season so not much traffic on the lake and the water was pulled down to winter pool

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It's sad that some people will not stop and help a person in need nowadays. Glad this guy made it out ok and hats off to the Water Patrol for making that happen.

Post Thanks / Like

twice, that guy needs another hobby, or at least learn to bank fish,,, Not cool man
    Likes Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    twice, that guy needs another hobby, or at least learn to bank fish,,, Not cool man
    that was sorta my take on the deal beagle....glad he's okay and safe at home. That could've gone south in a hurry!
    If we did what was most important in life there
    would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago we pulled a guy and his boat up the Missouri and up a creek to boat ramp. His motor had quit and was floating downstream. Glad we could help him out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast