Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motor Speed control for 12v

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Motor Speed control for 12v

I just started another post on this subject. Here is the drawing with a WOT throttle switch for Chipmaker. He can explain what this switch will do. Be sure to put some twist in the wires to the switch (2 to 3 twist per foot of wire) to help reduce RFI. I ain't responsible for your wiring. This circuit works. Build at your own risk. Not for beginners. Let your mom or dad help.

Chipmaker built one of these circuits, (I didn't). He can tell you more about it.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks cane pole. Took mine out fishing today it works great. Has a little whining noise around 50%. But the fish did not mind. Cought 8 good size crappie today in about 2 hours on the lake. Going back this weekend.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker
    Thanks cane pole. Took mine out fishing today it works great. Has a little whining noise around 50%. But the fish did not mind. Cought 8 good size crappie today in about 2 hours on the lake. Going back this weekend.
    Change the pot to 50K if you got one. This will increase the Pwm rate. I was just guessing at this circuit. Well, kinda guessing. I didn't have a good troll motor to test it with. I tested it with a electric Power Wheel kiddie motor. ha

All pwm's do this. Just adjust out of the hearing range. If you can't hear it, it working ok...haha
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 02-27-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

If someone wants to build this circuit let me know, I should have most if not all the parts. I gots plenty...:D I'll mail them to you free.....

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested if you decide to sell a few.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie