HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depth finder/Brushpile question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depth finder/Brushpile question

Do you guys always see fish on your depth finder when looking at brush piles? I am using high definition Humminbird and rarely see fish. For instance, this morning I bet I located fifteen brush piles and only saw what I thought were fish just one time. If you don't see fish do you still fish the brush? As a newbie I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had one instance where my DI unit actually showed what was obviously "fish" around wood cover :

Name:  Screen002.jpg
Views: 4242
Size:  128.3 KB

Most of the rest of the times all I see are small white dots, that may or may not be fish.

But, to answer your question .... yes, I do fish the cover, just to be sure. I'm also going to make it a habit to mark a waypoint on newly discovered cover, so that I can come back to that spot later or on subsequent trips, and check it out ... which, unfortunately (for me) I did not do when taking the screenshot pictured above.
    Likes dannyr3_8, DaveB40, steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great picture. Sorry, I meant I don't see the dots. I'm wondering if I don't have mine set right. Your looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

You are not giving us a lot of information to maybe help you, like what depth finder DI SI 2D. Pics would really help.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it is a Hunminbird 597ciHD.
    Thanks feeshrman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depth finder/Brushpile question

I found a couple of stumps last weekend with what I believe are fish. I caught 20 off this one area.

Lowrance Elite HDI 7

I have found trees and brush without these little "ticks" which I assume are fish so then I move on.

Likes dannyr3_8, volfan411, DaveB40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

we went to a hummingbird seminar while down at the grizzly jig company and according to them you are looking for dots , dashes and lines ( fish of some kind)

keep your lines tight as you never know
    Likes broharrell, Javelin 180, steve64116 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish and look for cover, not fish. Unless they are popping out everywhere. If active fish are in a BP, it won't take but a couple minutes to tell if they are there.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes dannyr3_8, Mosquitopat, DaveB40, Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I was under the impression that if I did not see dots, that fish were not present. However, after riding over close to 20 brush piles today with only one or two showing dots, I may have to rethink my assumption. Hmmmm, now I truly am baffled.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Sorry it is a Hunminbird 597ciHD.
    OK .... but is it a 597ciHD Combo or just a straight 2d 597ciHD unit ?? I'm assuming it's the "combo" (w/DI) since you refer to "seeing dots" and not "fish arches".

Also ... next time you're showing a brush pile on the screen, use the zoom feature to magnify the depth range the brush pile is in. That may help show you a better picture of what's in or close to the brush pile.
    Likes silverside, DaveB40, steve64116 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast