HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newest addition to the Southern Crappie Pole Line SCR 122T (as in tough as nails)

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Newest addition to the Southern Crappie Pole Line SCR 122T (as in tough as nails)

I just got some of the new Southern Crappie Poles SCR 122T. This is the 12 foot model of Ed's fantastic "T" line of poles that are rated for 2 ounces of weight. These are a "pusher's" dream. They will be great for pushing cranks, power trolling jigs, or whatever a fisherman needs a heavy action pole.

I've used Ed's SCR1423T model religiously since they came out and will never be caught without them in my boat when I break out the Roadrunners and crankbaits. The action is going to be awfully heavy for spider rigging but that's not what they were designed for.

Ed promised me the SCR 163T models will be out in a few months.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I just got some of the new Southern Crappie Poles SCR 122T. This is the 12 foot model of Ed's fantastic "T" line of poles that are rated for 2 ounces of weight. These are a "pusher's" dream. They will be great for pushing cranks, power trolling jigs, or whatever a fisherman needs a heavy action pole.

I've used Ed's SCR1423T model religiously since they came out and will never be caught without them in my boat when I break out the Roadrunners and crankbaits. The action is going to be awfully heavy for spider rigging but that's not what they were designed for.

Ed promised me the SCR 163T models will be out in a few months.
    Doug
    I fished my 143T rods this past weekend along side my Denali rods spider rigging and love them!!
    I was using 1/4 oz egg sinkers on the Denali's and 1/2 oz on the 143T, the bend in the SCR's matched the Denali's and my fiancee (third time rigging) caught just as many fish as I did!! Myself personally, I think they are fine for spider rigging....I love them!!

Hope your feeling better my friend
    Likes blueball, blue-jig LIKED above post
    Thanks M R Dux thanked you for this post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

To an experienced spider-rigger like yourself they would be great. So many folks, who come here to learn new tactics and have questions about rods and such, would do better starting out with the SCR standard action poles. They would be much more able to detect a light bite. Of course if they asked me what ONE pole they should buy for all-around crappie trolling, I would tell them the SCR 143T or SCR 122T.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff