Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some info on Trailer Bunk Slides

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some info on Trailer Bunk Slides

Was looking at purchasing these Trailer Bunk Slides with the water level low at LOZ and some other lakes, has anyone had these before and what is the pro's and con's about them.

http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html
    Today is only yesterday's Tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

I have similar product on my trailer and it works good! One important note: MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS KEEP THE WINCH ATTACHED UNTIL YOU BACK IN WATER! This will prevent boat from sliding off trailer while backing down ramp...I'm sure we've all seen this happen before or experienced it ourselves!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like STL said, Keep the winch on till everything is floating!!! Will change how you launch for sure. That is the only downside really. Also when you power on, leave the motor in forward until you get "clicked and snug". You will loose it just as quick coming out as going in. I've seen and I have learned, even the fellow at BPS warns people when they purchase them.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also heard of spraying the bunks down with a silicone spray will get the same results.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

STL ... I was wondering if your boat had a painted bottom... I did read on one site not for painted bottom boats!! Curious if it really did matter.
    Today is only yesterday's Tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Paint

My boat is a Tracker Pro Team 175 which is all Aluminum with vinyl graphics..no paint on bottom. I do have a friend that has them on his Ranger trailer which is fiberglass, not painted and works just fine!