Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Firsat outing 2017

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Firsat outing 2017

Got out this weekend just wanting to shake the cob webs off the boat and see if the Crappie would bite. Loaded the Vexilar and 4 ice rods. Since we had no ice here this year I wanted to get my money's worth out of my ice fishing equipment, that collects dust. Started searching with a Jiggin Rap in 12 feet of water and caught 3 in 3 drops at 10 feet. Drifted down the pit to a new tree that that the beavers fell into the water and let the boat snag itself. Got out the Vexilar and the 36" Tuned Up Custom Bull Whip rod with a 3" Reins Bubble Shaker worm and a Crappie Nibble. Dropped down to 10 feet (which is where I caught all my fish) in 16 feet of water and it was on. I love fishing with the Vexilar because you can see the attitude of the fish. Without it today I would have passed these fish up cause they just didnt want to bite. They were extremely NEUTRAL. They would not move up or down. Didnt want it any way except dead still. They would stare at it for up to and over a minuet and most of the time the slightest nudge is all I got for a bite. I changed bait color and at least 6 other baits all together and nothing was producing at all like the Reins worm. So it was a fun day of just trying to figure out their attitudes. Which is most of the fun of fishng. For about 10 minuets they became extremely aggressive, chasing up as soon as the bait was dropped down to them. Then just as soon as the aggressive bite started it stopped and back to staring at it forever. Turned out to be a good day, other than the rain for 2 hours. It took all of Sunday to dry out all the equipment.
    Take those ice sonars with you in open water when the bite is tough and see whats going on down there. It will help your catch I promise.
    Tight Lines
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the trip you needed. Nice fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great trip! Great report. Congrats.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!