Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trailer idea's??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailer idea's??

I bought an 8 foot Sun Dolphin boat. Any idea's for a trailer? I thought maybe Harbor freight but didn't want to spend another $300 lolName:  boat.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  5.4 KB

Thanks Brad

Post Thanks / Like

I have the exact same boat and I use a small tilt trailer I got a tractor supply co. Don't remember how much. But it works perfectly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

You will need to look on Craigslist, and other places to find a cheap used trailer. Most places for new will cost in the $700 to $900 range. The Harbor Freight put together would work. 600 Lb. Capacity Boat Trailer & Other Small Boat Trailers That is for a boat 12 thru 14 foot, but you could put a flat bed on it to haul yours. Then there is this 600 Lb. Capacity Boat Trailer & Other Small Boat Trailers Bed is 5 ft 8 inches long Both of those are $399.00. They are having a President's Day sale, using coupons, but this is the last day of it.

Post Thanks / Like

A quick note of caution: Figure on the cost of at least a set of wheel bearings for any trailer you buy off Craig's Lists or other Swap&Sell board. And that is IF you are lucky. If not so lucky the cost of a pair of hubs. (been there, done that).
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

A multi purpose utility trailer looks like a smart solution. Unless you want a dedicated boat trailer.
    FIN

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A used Jet Ski trailer is a good starting point and then fine tune it from there. Mine was $50 off of Facebook, the wife spotted it and it was mine in short order. Bearings is just preventive care and a good idea. Set up lights on something to be strapped down and put in the truck when launched, instead of submerged every time and they will last a very long time. I have a set done like this that are 14 yrs old now and still not hurt.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes "G", Alphahawk LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIN View Post
    A multi purpose utility trailer looks like a smart solution. Unless you want a dedicated boat trailer.
    FIN
    Sounds like a good multi-use idea.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Coleman Crawdad on a flat bed. I have capabilities of electric tilt and electric winch to load offload boat, 4 wheelers, etc. Get old, get wise, improvise.

Crappiestalker is the driver.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"