Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Go Go minnow for what ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go Go minnow for what ?

Stocked rainbow trout is what I tried them on and WOW did I hammer them . The folks watching were looking at me like I was nut for sure since I was using a crappie presentation technique that's never employed for the stocked trout down here .
    I used a pinch on Comal float and a 1/32 minnow head number 6 and ran it about 3 foot under the float with a Patriot Go Go minnow on it .
    I would long cast it and just creep it back to me at a speed I knew would flutter the tail and WOW did they hammer the fire out of it !
    Started before the sun came up and was home in time for breakfast !
    Managed to ketch and release a hundred pretty easily in about 2 and half hours and they hit EVERY cast . Of course absolutely no one uses a float for the trout here and several were asking what I was using and I told them ....
    a crappie jig and Go Go minnow
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes IkenI, scrat, S10CHEVY, hdhntr, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch......I use the Trout Magnet under a float on rivers.......not many lakes close to me with trout. It is a deadly method with catches of 150 or more a day. Out on the Little Red and White Rivers in Arkansas fishing this method can net one several hundred trout in a full day of fishing. Of course I am blessed to be fishing rivers that hold trout year round. We have a spot on the Caney Fork River that we call "The Pond". It is a small area that is a slack water of the river. Doing the method you described with the Trout Magnet gets a ton of fish.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

caught stocked trout on a silver spoon while everyone around me was using some type bait. fun stuff, nice work Ketchn. Comal float? not familiar with that.