PDA

View Full Version : Tempress Wally Marshall Double Seat Base

crappieranger
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Do any of you spider riggers use the Tempress Wally Marshall Double Down Seat Base? It is sold through BPS and I am considering getting one for my boat. Can you put any kind of seat on them? Ranger seats?:confused:

crappieranger

John Brower
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Buddy Of Mine Bought One But Hasn't Used It Yet, He Says Any Type Of Seat Will Work, But He Was Surprised About How Much Other Stuff He Had To Buy To Make It Work.

John B.

1weezer
02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Mike,
I have one that I got for the back of my boat. You can put any kind of seat on it that you want to use. Very easy to use. Plus you can take it out of the boat if you don't need it.

Mr.Crappie
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey Mike, the Double Down will except any seat or swivel base so you can turn around to get the net. If i can help let me know!!

B Whitehead
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
The Double Down is one of the best rigs for a boat I have ever seen. Walley and Tempress Products did a great job of on this product. Go to Tempress.com and see all there stuff. Here is the Double Down in ACTION!

rango
10-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Hey CP, i can fish 2 off the back corners and two off the front corners, with everyone having acess to 8 rod holders each and two off each side of the center with 6 rod holders each. everyone uses fold up chairs. works great.

foul hook
10-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I have one and dont leave home without it. When it is not in use it is in the back of the truck. Let your good friends set up front with you. let the Newbys set in the back.

beagle man
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
The Double Down is one of the best rigs for a boat I have ever seen. Walley and Tempress Products did a great job of on this product. Go to Tempress.com and see all there stuff. Here is the Double Down in ACTION!
I like the looks of the rig. anyone ever use one of them on a bass tracker crappie boat pro crappie 175

foul hook
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
There could be a with problem. Check out the dimensions.

oldwun
10-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Build your own dual seat setup. Less than $52 including the pedestals. And you can turn around and get to the back of of the boat much easier. A friend bought one of the WM rigs. The idea of having to turn to the outside of the boat was a problem for him. Most boats are not real wide up front.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q190/oldwun_bucket/DualSeat007.jpg

Mr.Crappie
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Crappie Ranger the Double Down is so easy to put on and take off...44 inches wide and 18 inches deep. It can be installed on the front or back with in seconds. If you have any questions please contact me or tempress.com

prchjerker
11-03-2008, 01:11 PM
CrappieRanger,
I have a double down seat setup.Love it.I have a 619 Ranger and fits great up front.When I run from spot to spot I move it to the back infront of the livewell so it doesnt block my vision.

Mike Andrews
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
The base is quite a bit cheaper if you buy from Tempress rather than than BassPro.

wannagofishin
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM

PM sent to you with a couple questions on your set up

sac-a-lait
02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I made a template for mine so it could have 3, 3/4 inch pin bases across it. When I had it I wanted to be able to use any seat on my boat that had a 3/4" pin on it (which was all of them). The hole pattern from the factory only allows you to mount a seat to it and leave it there as I recall. You couldn't remove it. That's why I went the way I did. I like to be able to use the seats in any fitting I see fit.

The pic attached is the only pic I could find of it. I don't have it or the boat anymore.

I've owned the DD and an add-a-seat.

I liked the Double down seat by WM. But when I switched to a bass boat I wanted to be able to move the seats around even more so I did go with an add-a-seat from Yadkin Guide. Both are great products just depends upon the specific application you need it for. Actually if you look closely in the pic you can see one half of an add-a-seat on the bow. One arm and one support pedestal are just to the left of the drivers seat (in the pic).

Yadkin Guide
02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
This is the most innovative seat on the market. It is completely adjustable and adapts to almost all situations. Check it out here. Add A Seat (http://www.extremefishingconcepts.com/Add_A_Seat.html)

Mike Andrews
02-10-2010, 07:39 AM
I bought a Double Down and cancelled my order after I saw the Add A Seat. The Add A Seat is much more flexible when it comes to seat postioning and as long as a seat has a 3/4" pin you can use it without any modification to the base or seat. Two buddies of mine have bought the Add A Seat after seeing mine. I highly recommend it!!

rockmike
02-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Used my Add-A-Seat for the first time last weekend, and was very pleased with it. It's stable and stows well in the boat. Unfortunately it didn't help me catch any fish.

oldwun
02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Can anybody tell me what the distance is center of pin to center of pin on the Tempress Dual Seat? I have a friend whos ask me that question.

deepwaterdawg
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Do any of you spider riggers use the Tempress Wally Marshall Double Down Seat Base? It is sold through BPS and I am considering getting one for my boat. Can you put any kind of seat on them? Ranger seats?:confused:

crappieranger

I have used both and do your self a favor and get the Add-a-Seat it is much more versital you can fish side by side, one in front of another etc. Brakes dwn and can be stored in the rod box when not in use. Also you will end up with less money when youget done.

blairarnold
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
The add-a-seat does look more versitile and maybe more stable as well.

ausable riverboat
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I have been looking at one. But my worry is every time you catch a fish or need something you have to get behind the seat. My worry is not much room between the seat and fallin in. I am to old and fat to get back in the boat.But I still might get one.

sac-a-lait
02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
OLDWUN. There are no "center pins" on the DD. It comes with 3 "squares" that match the bolt pattern of the swivel bases that hook directly to the DD and then to the bottom of the seat. The important thing is the OVER all width of the DD where the legs meet the floor. The dim are on bass pro or somewhere. I will get them and add to this post. I would bet though that the middle of square 1 to square 3 is close to 36".

AUSSIERIVERBOAT...You have a legit concern. If you can't turn to the side of the DD to "go around it" you have to "step" over it every time you have to get out of your seat to do something. The same with the add I seat but I know if you put YOUR support arm from the add-a-seat to your seat on the "bottom" of the 2 arms, you still have to step over it but it's only about 4-5 INCHES. Am I making any sense.

Backwater Man
06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I saw a double rig that was sitting back on the back edge of the front deck.-----Myself---I have permanently anchored my trolling motor pedal on piece of PVC pipe running across the bow-----I have a livewell and a small storage compartment that will be under the seat frame.-----I could build it up high enough so I could open the live well. What do you guys do about the trolling motor---I assume you use one---I do a lot---maybe a lot less when I do my condo's--than I can anchor down.:biggrin

Big H trucking
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Ez pole perch 95$ and easy to use and swings back in forward if u need it too. And sturdy as i am 275 lbs and can lean back with no problems

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

AnyWeather
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm thinking about this: Double Wide Seat Stand - Wise Boat Seats WD1280 - iboats (http://www.iboats.com/Double-Wide-Seat-Stand-Wise-Boat-Seats/dm/view_id.732433)
Has anyone bought this seat stand?
I currently have 2 "pin mount" bases on the front bow and they are too far back from the rod holders. I'm thinking the seat base unit is the way to go. Plus, it's only $100 delivered, 44" wide and I can move it all over the front bow deck.

yikess
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
You may be better served by installing a second set of rod holder bases in the correction location. Measure twice, drill once.

newly
01-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Great info in this post. Thanks guys

Ranger09
01-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Grizzly Jig has the double seat platform and also the single. If your boat is not wide enough for the double you can put 2 singles up there..I use the double in a Ranger and it works well......Ranger

Creamlevel Kennels
01-10-2013, 04:55 AM
I had the Grizzly Seat Stand, and it was OK. The problems I had with it, was not enough room between the two seat. We sat shouder to shoulder, and each of us had to fish with your pole in the outside hand. we had 10" of wasted space on the outside of the frame. See PIC:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/cooter-10/Inventions/photojpg7-1.jpg

So we decide to make a frame of our own. This frame uses the full width of the Bow. was also able to make the frame to where ALL of the doors opened and close with out moving the frame. Getting to the back of the boat is as easy as spinning the seat around and walking to the back of the boat. Same with sitting down. Seats face the back of boat, sit bown, and spin around to the front. I never feel unsafe.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/cooter-10/Inventions/IMG00522-20110220-1344-1.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/cooter-10/Inventions/photo-4.jpg

Plenty of room between seats, we put a Umbrella Holder between the seats on this boat. Also build a Cut-Away Frame for a G-3 Boat. These are custom stands, using the full width of the bow.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/cooter-10/frame1_zps77a6bac2.png

keith

CrappieG3
01-10-2013, 01:58 PM

fishinnut
01-26-2014, 04:04 PM
How does the Wise double seat base compare to the Tempress? Tempress costs almost twice as much. Is it that much better than the Wise?

Cray
01-26-2014, 05:28 PM
With out doing research I think big difference is Tempress is made of Stainless. Much sturdier than tubing in Wise.

Ranger09
01-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Fishinut I have seen the Wally Marshall frame and it's not worth the difference in price if you ask me. I can promise that the wise I owned is a very sturdy platform. My partner is 6'6 and weighs around 250 or more and myself 6' and 200 and was very stable. Just an opinion and everyone has one.......Ranger

fishinnut
01-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I'll be picking up the Wise.

fishinnut
01-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Any disadvantage to getting two single Wise seat bases vs a double seat base?