Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bartletts Ferry cold but a great day. 1/17/05

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bartletts Ferry cold but a great day. 1/17/05

Launched at noon. The wind was a bear and the temp was around 40. Ran out near the powerline in halawakee to jig for some bass. Saw lots of shad but no fish taken. went under the longbridge and fished the old roadbed point. Caught a few whites and 2 medium hybrid. The wind was so bad I could not keep us on the bait. We went on up the creek under the tressle to fish some structure along the channel out of the main wind. We caught about 20 small crappie nothing to bragg about but it was a blast. The fish are biting atleast. I am going again tom orow for the bigger ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Wink fishing Report-Falcon Smitty

Hello Falcon Smitty, Thanks for the fishing report. Man sounds like the wind realy gave yall a fit, But you caught fish. I can't wait for the spring! Come on warmer weather. Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Good luck on your next trip! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like 20 on a day like that was a pretty good accomplishment...we had similar conditions at Sinclair on Saturday!!

Good Work!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

well I lied about going back today. I got caught in a mess of Honey-do! Took me all day and made me miss a crappie trip. Since the pressure was so high I don't mind. I'll get em next time.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a clue what you mean......I am actually heading to West Point on the weekend of the 29th, then Talquin, FL on the weekend of 2/5. Got to get all my honey do's done before that time for certain!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>