Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oldham Surelock Jigs - No More !

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Oldham Surelock Jigs - No More !

I called Oldhams today to order their Surelock Jig Heads and was told that they no longer have them available. Terry said that he had an elderly couple that made them for him and got out of the business. I used them for years and found them to work extremely well.

Does anyone know of a good substitute ?????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, check out crappieday. Microspoons.com

Post Thanks / Like

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Gg .....

Quote Originally Posted by Grillgod
    I called Oldhams today to order their Surelock Jig Heads and was told that they no longer have them available. Terry said that he had an elderly couple that made them for him and got out of the business. I used them for years and found them to work extremely well.

Does anyone know of a good substitute ?????????????
    If you liked Oldham's Surelocks .... you'll really like the V-wing weedless jighead from Paul Mullins (aka Grousefly) of P&S Custom Tackle ... shown here with the brush style weedless jighead, that he also makes :

These two are 1/16oz ballhead jigs w/#2 gold hooks ... but, Paul can make you some other variations (head weight/hook size/hook color). Just contact him and see what he can do for you .... [email protected]
    The weedless sell (to Crappie.com members) for $0.25 each for less than 100 -- or $20 per 100 ---- just let him know that you're a Crappie.com member !!

I've used Oldham's Surelocks for, probably, 20years +/- .... they worked fine, as long as the wire loop didn't get bent up or broken. With the V-wings ... that worry is over !! And you, also, don't have to constantly be checking to see if the wire loop is under the hook point

........ cp

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Grizz ....

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    Are the screwlocks the same?
    NO, they are not the same !! The Screwlocks are more of a Bass jighead (bigger weight head/bigger hook). Even the one's Terry Oldham makes with a wire loop guard, that are "insert" type heads, come with the larger hooks. With his Crappie jighead makers gone ... I think he's going strictly Bass, now.

............. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crappiepappy, I orderd 100 of each. They look like what I'm wanting !