Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Public waters /Public "fishing" dock .....a hair over 17 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Default Public waters /Public "fishing" dock .....a hair over 17 inches

Never say never and always be prepared , the fish of a lifetime might be the next one .
    Raining cccold and windy and i was the ONLY one at the park ...wonder why ? Lady at the gate looked at me like i was nuts when she gave me my pass and said you don't look dressed for this weather , I told her, I am just stopping in for about 20 minutes , I am actually supposed to be visiting a customer out this way .Said she understood and her husband was very similar to me ....
    only managed 2 bites and both were parked on the bottom in 15 foot of water . The second fish though was a real brute of a white crappie for these parts . A hair over 17 inches and the world will never know what she weighed as I set her free after a few photos . I imagine she was in the 2 plus some range pretty easily and didn't think I even hooked a crappie when I set the hook .Was using a tadpole type of plastic in lime chart and just so happened to grab my whale beater rod out of the back seat , i don't think i could have hoisted her up on that tall platform without it ....she was plum full of what I think were eggs as well .....
    lucky me I didn't go light like I have been lately ....
    hope you enjoy the read and photos .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes scrat, Comerj, Toxie, Aquadog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    Never say never and always be prepared , the fish of a lifetime might be the next one .
    Raining cccold and windy and i was the ONLY one at the park ...wonder why ? Lady at the gate looked at me like i was nuts when she gave me my pass and said you don't look dressed for this weather , I told her, I am just stopping in for about 20 minutes , I am actually supposed to be visiting a customer out this way .Said she understood and her husband was very similar to me ....
    only managed 2 bites and both were parked on the bottom in 15 foot of water . The second fish though was a real brute of a white crappie for these parts . A hair over 17 inches and the world will never know what she weighed as I set her free after a few photos . I imagine she was in the 2 plus some range pretty easily and didn't think I even hooked a crappie when I set the hook .Was using a tadpole type of plastic in lime chart and just so happened to grab my whale beater rod out of the back seat , i don't think i could have hoisted her up on that tall platform without it ....she was plum full of what I think were eggs as well .....
    lucky me I didn't go light like I have been lately ....
    hope you enjoy the read and photos .....
    that is a great fish, but it sure looks like your measuring stick goes from 15" to 18" in a very short distance seeing as how it is the same distance as the 15" is from the 14" mark.
    Retired golf addict

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibmack View Post
    that is a great fish, but it sure looks like your measuring stick goes from 15" to 18" in a very short distance seeing as how it is the same distance as the 15" is from the 14" mark.
    perhaps the middle mark is 16" and not 15". if so, you need to mark a bit clearer for us if you are gonna post against that ruler
    Retired golf addict

Post Thanks / Like

.....the marks start at 8 and are marked every 2 inches to 18 ..........yawl realize how lucky she was ? bought took her up the ranger station .....
    next visit I wiil take a tape and show ya ....and yes I put my hand on it at the 8 mark and it looks to be right accurate .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

thats a TEXAN RULER ..................EVERYTHINGS BIGGER IN TEXAS

Post Thanks / Like

That is a mounting fish if I ever saw one! Congrats!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

That is a beautiful fish,the mouth bigger then lot of bass. A big congrats.
    LittleJohn

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good fish there. Those little trips are the best sometimes.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a great catch!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast