Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Trolling motor

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but here goes anyways. I'm looking at getting a new trolling motor. I'm very interested in one that has the i-pilot or something similar. I just want to know if they are worth the price tag. I really love the anchor feature because I fight the wind a lot and constantly have to mess with the foot control on mine and miss out on a lot of fishing. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jscheller View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but here goes anyways. I'm looking at getting a new trolling motor. I'm very interested in one that has the i-pilot or something similar. I just want to know if they are worth the price tag. I really love the anchor feature because I fight the wind a lot and constantly have to mess with the foot control on mine and miss out on a lot of fishing. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
    Then you definitely need a Minnkota Terrova or Ulterra with the spot lock (anchor) feature.
    Remote control so you aren't locked onto the front of the boat and trolling motor.
    I've have both and they are worth their weight in gold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a Power Drive V2 last year. I know the new onew this year have improved the spot lock. Mine is ok if its calm but in the wind it runs crazy trying to keep in one spot.
    I also have the remote steer and was afraid id miss the foot control. NOPE!!! I walleye fish also and can control the troller from anywhere in the boat. LOVE IT. It did get some getting used to but now I will never go back to foot control.
    Worth the money, Yes. For best boat control get one that talks to your Humminbird.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so the V2 has spot lock? I assumed only the I-pilot series would have that. Those are quite a bit cheaper from what I've looked at as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an Xi5 and wouldn't go back to a regular tm. I almost exclusiveyly use the remote, after a little use it becomes second nature. The anchor is pretty solid. I like recording routes on my HDS, and then following them. Can be a great timesaver.
    Check out Universal Mania for a price also.
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had the older style minn kota with spot lock. It was and is still a good trolling motor but the new one with blue tooth is great. Had a cold front come through Sunday morning. With the winds gusting 20 to 30 mph it kept me right on the brush pile. It is expensive but well worth it to me. read up on it some and you will see the differences.
    Retired USN

Post Thanks / Like

Motor guide Xi5 has a much better anchor, gps has little error where as my MK wanders all over

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the new ones.
    Retired USN

Post Thanks / Like

Yes finally caught up but cost $500 more thanG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have the minn kota riptide with Ipilot. I take my 5 yr old daughter fishing a lot and it is worth it's weight in gold

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast