Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Short Water ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Water ....

I have a few bank spots I like to visit around town . They are short water spots for the most part . I hit them on lunch breaks and sometimes a bit before and after work . Now mind you these spots get VERY heavy fishing pressure here in the metroplex area and the fish tend to be difficult if you don't really tune up your presentations .
    So I employ things I have personally found to be rather effective and make sure my set ups don't look like all the rest of them . Light line is a must and smaller baits in many cases as well .I do know it also helps immensely to use a one point float that sits just right in the water .This said I use pinch on floats in the quill variety to detect the frequently very subtle bites and to ensure the most sensitive presentation on my jigs .
    It has always amazed me that some folks don't get it on this set up , but to be sure those that get to see me in action hit the store pretty fast after they watch an episode and or get a float and a jig from me . Some are to proud to admit it and some think its a fluke , but to be sure it is the real deal and it is really a great way to hit fish after you get tuned up on it .
    Anyway I have hit them pretty hard this last week and this is my first chance to post up a few photos and a short right up .
    as always hope you enjoy the read and photos
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes huntinslabs, S10CHEVY, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice catch. Would be nice to see a video of your Ketchn techniques on crappie. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I might do it someday ...I have a few vids floating about already ....folks was a videoing me without me knowing ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.