Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: dock shooting rod problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default dock shooting rod problem

Shooting docks today and had the line break twice, looked at the tip and there was groves cut in it. There was one place that the grove was wide enough that the line could get hung in it. The rod is a sharpshooter 6 and I have two of them and both had groves cut in them. They are about a year old, I called bnm and talked to the lady that does warranty work. We worked it out, I am not happy but the best I could do. They had only seen this problem a few times and the only thing that was common was the use of Mr Crappie line. Anybody have this problem and your thoughts. Only 4 and 6lb line used, read a lot of post on mr crappie line complaints about tangles but have not read this. They recommended vicious or stren.

Post Thanks / Like

toss a new tip on it and get back to it.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen that from mono but common from braid. I'd put a Fuji tip on it and keep fishing. Their customer service has been good to me, sorry to hear that they didn't hit the mark with you.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Get some new tips and replace, as for as Mr. Crappie line being the problem, I really don't believe that.
    Likes genec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 sharp shooters I've used for over a year now. Keep mr crappie 6lb on one and 6lb braid on another and haven't had a issue. Must be a bad batch of eyes. Hate to hear your problem. I will keep a eye on mine thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked with Wade at grizzly jig and he has not seen this problem and doesn't think it is the cr crappie. I am retired and fish 3,4,5 days a week, 95% of the time i shoot docks, maybe they were bad eyelets and the amount of fishing i do just wore them out. A local bait shop said they had seen it with braid not mono, they wanted to put eyelets in for me but did not have any small enough. May have a problem finding the right size.