Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double minnow rig break down?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double minnow rig break down?

I have searched the archives but I'm still not satisfied with my results. I am curious of what size line, hook and swivel that you all like the best?
    It is what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

I use 12 pound fluorocarbon and a number 7 blackcross swivel and number 2 hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna get a bunch of answers here, but whatever you normally use will work. I'm assuming you're building your own rigs? It really boils down to two rigs. Kentucky/Bottom Bouncing rigs or Capps and Coleman style rigs. Both work great.

Here's what I use, but lots of other good choices out there. It all boils down to YOUR preferences in the long run.

10 or 12lb (mostly 12) Silver Thread AN40 in silver (clear)

Fas-Snaps either medium or large so I can change baits on the rig without changing the entire rig.

I tie 3 different size rigs. 1/2, 1, and 3oz rigs. My weights slide on my main line with a red bead at the top and bottom of the weight. Really doesn't matter much tho if you choose to wrap the weight and not use the beads.

I tie both style rigs, but most (90%) are Capps and Coleman.

I use a snap swivel at the very top of my rigs to connect to my main line which is 12lb P-Line hi viz. I tie a loop knot with a Fas Snap in it for my top drop. It's about 6" below the top swivel and about 6-8" long. I make the length of my rig anywhere from 18"-2' from the top drop, not the very top. I slide a bead/Weight/bead up the rig and tie on a barrel swivel. I then tie my bottom drop on the other end of the barrel swivel about 6-8" long and tie a Fas Snap to the tag end of that. I use a uni knot on the bottom of the barrel swivel and the bottom Fas Snap.
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 02-12-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes pb crappie, Abu65 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

One more tidbit^^^^^^^^
    Make sure you wet ALL of the knots Before you cinch them down. If you don't, the line will cut itself and break with any pressure on it.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post