Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Lake,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Lake,

Enjoyable day on the lake but need some advice on where to find the Crappie even struck out around bridge pillars. Could locate some fish but they were not in the mood to play. I am so thinking its fishing stores people catching limits this time of year. Hey the old boat ran good.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there today as well. First goal was to make sure everything ran well on the boat after winter lay-off. That went well. I saw a lot of shad around the Little Platte boat slips with my camera, but saw very few crappie in the half dozen or so slips I viewed. The crappie I did see were right off the bottom and very few and far between. Checked a few other spots throughout the lake and same thing. There was threadfin shad just about everywhere and the gulls were having a feast.
    Likes CKL LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there today and there were lots of shad floating around. I think that makes it difficult when there are so many dead shad and food for the crappie to eat up. Did fish the main lake over brush and found some but no real pattern. Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

I also was there Saturday. No love.