Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Led light strips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Led light strips

Hey everyone, I was wanting to get my boat ready for night fishing for the upcoming summer. Has anyone had any luck or tried using the generic LED light strips with the adhesive backing around the outsides of your boat. I like to cast for crappie and I'm wondering if these would light up the bank or light up a decent way to see where I'm casting at night. Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of opinions. Not sure where you are but here in Central Texas we have a guy that runs SuperNova lights. His name is Dez and he has worked wonders around here with his strip lights, fishing lights that on a cord to be submerged, and many other applications. His lights are the brightest that I have found and installation of the led strips is straightforward. I had him install a set recently and he has serviced the crappie guides around here, as well. We use the light strip to catch bait around daylight but they can be used to night light as well. They work best if augmented with the fishing light dangling about 2-4 feet under. Crappie don't like being in the light but hover below it to nail the baitfish. I have not used either light for casting so can't help you there. I would go for a professionally manufactured light and light strip. You might be able to build it yourself and attach a strip on the boat but Dez (owner/operator) insists on a 70 degree plus day, special cleaning material, the standard adhesive strip along with an exciter mixture for the strip adhesive and he uses 3M 5200 to plug and cover any access holes. He also adds a fuse link and a waterproof switch. Very affordable and professional. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check eBay and Amazon. Look for waterproof lights. Cheap.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure it has 3 m adhesive. The cheap ones won't stay on long.

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED LITES

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA S View Post
    Make sure it has 3 m adhesive. The cheap ones won't stay on long.
    WhatHesaid.I bought a bunch of the blue 16ft lengths from China, work good & haven' t come off
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I had the strips on a previous boat with the adhesive backing and they did not hold up well. The UV seems to affect them greatly and I keep my boat parked under an awning. The began to split and portions would no longer light up. I swapped to LED rope lights inside the clear tube and have had excellent with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just made up 3 submersible led lights, using 300 led per light. I use the supernight green for those. Im going to run a red strip down each side of my boat for night fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking about going another route and mounting a couple of smaller led light bars and attaching a green translucent cover to them and seeing how that works out. Hopefully it won't be too bright just want to see where I'm casting to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some of the amazon strips....said it had 3m adhesive. Only stuck for a few hours. This is after cleaning the surface of all contaminants.