Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: release or grease

Post Thanks / Like

Default release or grease

i know with allot of fishermen that focus on a specific species it is kind of looked down apon to catch and eat ie bass fishermen and those of us that chase those big flathead i was wandering if this is the case among crappie fishermen aswell? personally i make no bones about being a catch and grease fishermen when it comes to crappie and bass
    Likes NIMROD, S10CHEVY, Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Where I live its not frowned on keeping some Crappie to eat,most people do.We usually will fish once a week and will keep enough for a nice meal and release the rest,this gives you a good reason to go out the next weekend to catch some for the fryer.
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They are delicious and nutritious

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes kf4udl, ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I do both, release and grease. and have done so for a long time. However, as I get older and the number of I catch keeps going up, I've found I just don't want to fool with cleaning, disposing, cooking, etc, except every once in a long while....so now I usually release or give 'em away.

Post Thanks / Like

These days I much prefer eating saltwater fish purchased at our local grocery store vs. eating any freshwater fish. The quality is so much better. So, I'm strictly a CPR fisherman these days.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Since crappie is the only fish we fish for we catch our share. We keep some and eat them on a regular basis. We do however release many of the fish we catch. We are selective however in what we keep and release. The very large fish we release because they will lay the most eggs for the future and keep the mid size fish to eat.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes Tony the Tiger, ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I personally keep and or kill not much of any species of fish and game . When I want to eat one of something I go harvest it or them. I don't frown on anyone who keeps whatever they want within the boundaries of the fish and game laws though .
    Most of the fish and game I encounter get a pass , unless of course I am in the I want to eat them mode .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Tony the Tiger, ozarks ranger, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Mostly catch and release.
    2. I do catch and give away.
    3. Sometimes I bring enough home for a meal.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When I need fish in my freezer I keep them. When I have plenty they get a pass. Or if I just do not feel like cleaning em they get a free pass.
    Likes ozarks ranger, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    These days I much prefer eating saltwater fish purchased at our local grocery store vs. eating any freshwater fish. The quality is so much better. So, I'm strictly a CPR fisherman these days.
    Same here. I would trade every crappie in the lake for ten pounds of grouper fillets.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast