Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing line?

Anyone have any experience with Gliss fishing line? I was thinking about ordering 12lb yellow for spider rigging..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy75 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Gliss fishing line? I was thinking about ordering 12lb yellow for spider rigging..
    I've been using Gliss for a couple years now.

I don't see any advantage to using it for spider rigging.
    It's great for casting, you can cast a country mile with 40 lb Gliss.
    I use it when casting jigs and flukes for trophy class stripers in the Cumberland river here in Tennessee.
    I can cast a 1/2 oz jig farther with 40# Gliss than other anglers using 17 #mono. And I'm far less likely to have a big fish break me off as I can horse them and get them turned.
    But I don't see an advantage for spider rigging.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to be able to see the sensitive bite a little better.. here lately I've just barely seen the bite on several fish.. And I saw it advertised being very sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to be able to see the sensitive bite a little better.. here lately I've just barely seen the bite on several fish.. And I saw it advertised being very sensitive.
    It is sensitive when you have a good rod IN YOUR HAND, you can FEEL the bite.
    If I am LOOKING for a bite, I would have a high visibility line.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed sensitivity of the line isn't going to matter if you have the rods in holders pushing.

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

What would y'all recommend? I want a good line with no memory..and strong enough, to prevent a lot of break offs.. the hooks I use straighten out pretty easy..

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What would y'all recommend? I want a good line with no memory..and strong enough, to prevent a lot of break offs.. the hooks I use straighten out pretty easy..
    I use three different lines on the three long rods I use to push jigs ... 30lb test dark green braid - 17lb test Cortland Braid (white) - 10lb test (red) Maxima mono. But, all my leader lines are 6lb test mono.

As was mentioned before ... if the rods are in a rod holder (and rod tips are barely above the water's surface), the line color matters less since you're watching the rod tips more than the line. In those cases, it's the sensitivity of the rod tip (how easily it bends) that shows the bite.

Now, when it comes to casting ... every reel I use has hi-vis line. And that's because I am watching the line for the indication of a bite, not primarily waiting to "feel" the bite with the rod (though I certainly can & do quite often, due to the sensitivity of the rods I use).

If you want a good line, with "no memory" and strong enough to bend open a hook ... you're talking braid or one of the fused lines, as all others will have some "memory" if spooled on a spinning reel. (not so much if on a baitcast style reel)