Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pier and shark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pier and shark

we went out to charleston,sc and fished the pier for sharks, we ended up with a total of 20 sharpnose sharks and 1 skate, im gonna try fishing the ocean up around Eureka and the Cali/Oregon state line, how is the saltwater fishing that far north, i know the water is cold but are there decent fish up there?, i come home in july for good
    Name:  shark8.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  shark10.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  28.7 KB
    GET IN THE FRONT LEANIN REST:mad: :mad:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gonnawin! Hope that shark didn't connect with your knee like it looks!
    Right now for the next month or two, the Lingcod will be coming in to spawn around the jettys and rocky shoreline, so if you're into trying some jetty fishing, that's whatcha do. Not real sure how far south they will be. I know for sure Bandon up to Coos Bay is good, Oregon side. Big hook through a herring below a big bobber should get you a few of something. Maybe even a Spring Chinook. Good Luck!
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glowgood Jigster
    Hey Gonnawin! Hope that shark didn't connect with your knee like it looks!
    Right now for the next month or two, the Lingcod will be coming in to spawn around the jettys and rocky shoreline, so if you're into trying some jetty fishing, that's whatcha do. Not real sure how far south they will be. I know for sure Bandon up to Coos Bay is good, Oregon side. Big hook through a herring below a big bobber should get you a few of something. Maybe even a Spring Chinook. Good Luck!
    thanks alot, im for sure gonna go to the coast before the winter starts

Post Thanks / Like

HEY GONNAWIN,
    There is goood fishin up in that area. Along the coast, rivers and lakes. North Cali is real good. Check out this site usafishing.com, this is where I get all my fishin info when I am headed up north. It covers from Montery to Southern Oregon.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Is that folly beach? I was there this past weekend and seen dude catch 2 about that size i fished for 2 hrs and got skunked but it was lowtide and 30 mph winds so....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie_Day
    Is that folly beach? I was there this past weekend and seen dude catch 2 about that size i fished for 2 hrs and got skunked but it was lowtide and 30 mph winds so....
    yep, what day did you go and what time? we fished the surf off the pier on the 24th FEB till about noon with nothing so we moved to the point and there was a guy who had caught 2 sharks and got tired of it and left, so we threw in some cut mullet and presto, we caught 12 within 1 hr and then lost a bunch and caught 8 more by closing time at 5pm