Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sonar transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonar transducer

Just bought an Ulterra and I'm about a week away from purchasing my first SI/DI Humminbird and was wondering (if I'm the only broke fisherman) or does anyone else have a transducer on the TM and one on the transom and just move your Graph from on to the other? I know it's not the best option but idk if I'm ready to come off a couple grand for 2 different graphs. Just looking for a little ensight/suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that the TM has the built in US2, which I would use and take the transducer from the graph and put it on the transom

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The US2 is 2d only ... To get DI/SI on the TM you would need to mount the included SI xducer which already has 2d ...
    ----

Several opt to have a 2nd Sonar station and move the head unit to the station in use ...

You would need a 2nd power source ...
    http://www.humminbird.com/Products/PC-11/

You would need a 2nd xducer ...(model number dependent on Sonar technology wanted at the 2nd station) ...

And you would need either a 2nd gimbal mount ...(model number dependent on unit model) ...
    Or a Ram mount to move back and forth ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I had 1 unit for 2 locations. It will save some money but depending on the 2nd transducer you would need to purchase it may cost more than you might think. It would save money though.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a used second unit. Right now there are some great prices on used base units, even first gen Helix units. If it works, it works. I too have other obligations with my finances and opted to buy used. Getting a great deal on a nused trolling motor with I-Pilot and sonar unit. Both for less than I would pay for a new Helix 9. Check the for sale forum on this site.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!