HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadrunner style jig with #2 hook

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunner style jig with #2 hook

I'm looking for some road runner style 1/16 oz jigs with the larger #2 hooks. I haven't been able to find anything but the #4 hook size. Anyone know where they may be available of if someone here makes some?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Contact bugman on here. His website is simplycrappie.com

I got pony heads from him with #2 hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

Scrat, I wouldn't be able to fish for long and I'd be broke at that price but thanks. I guess I should have said an economical place for them. 10point, that is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
    Likes 10point LIKED above post
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
    Scrat, I wouldn't be able to fish for long and I'd be broke at that price but thanks. I guess I should have said an economical place for them. 10point, that is exactly what I needed. Thanks!
    anytime your talking roadrunner jig heads your talking expensive. Between swivels and snap rings and blades and hooks plus the time to make them there is nothing cheap about them. But when they work they work!
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
    In case you are trying to get a hold of him it appears he hasn't been on here for like 6 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Question is how do you like to fish RRer's? usually cast and retrieve but have seen some posts where they have excelled tightline jigging. thoughts? trailers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    Question is how do you like to fish RRer's? usually cast and retrieve but have seen some posts where they have excelled tightline jigging. thoughts? trailers?
    I use them for casting and for long lining. I don't tightline

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    If you are referring to "vertical jigging" when you say "tightline jigging" ... then yes, I too have seen this method work very well (in person & by a certain TV angler). I, personally, don't vertical jig Roadrunners ... but then I don't "vertical jig" my jigs very often, either. I'm pretty much cast/retrieve with both, as my primary method of fishing .... with trolling & pushing being my secondary method.

Post Thanks / Like

try a perfect pearl Go Go minnow on a 1/16 white road runner head sometime .....slow fall it down a vertical tree to the desired depth and raise it and lower it a bit ....its about a whale killing big crappie fish bait if they are in the area for sure .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast